Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At a certain age do you become invisible?update

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 2:19 PM
  • 42 Replies
  • 999 Total Views
3 moms liked this

Update: Today I went to Dicks Sports to buy my 10 year old DD (4' 10" tall) golf clubs. It was just me trying to figure out what to buy. Three different salespeople helped me a women and 2 men. I wasn't ignored or pushed into buying clubs. They had ton of questions and information. They found me a set of clearance clubs that should work and if they don't no problem returning them.

So why so much help there and not at Ulta? Ulta has tons of competition. Dicks not so much here since sports authority is gone there are a few pro shops. But really it's dicks or Walmart here.

Maybe it really does just come down to customer service?

I was at Ulta today because I had a coupon. There were about 10 staff in there place,  they were busy doing each other's  make up. I asked where an item was and one staff person just pointed in general direction. Couple other customers were in store as well. One customer said to me if you are over 30 no one here will help you, we are all on our own. 

by on May. 16, 2017 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
DensHag
by Bronze sister on May. 16, 2017 at 2:20 PM
I'm 55...yes, I have felt invisible before. It's not fun.
DensHag
by Bronze sister on May. 16, 2017 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm 55...yes, I have felt invisible before. It's not fun.
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on May. 16, 2017 at 2:25 PM
6 moms liked this
Shut the front door......Id take my money somewhere else then!! Not a way to treat anybody.
Sorry that happened!
LadyAmaranth
Goodbye CafeMom...been a great 11 years!!!
Yesterday at 10:02 PM
by on May. 16, 2017 at 2:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh geez, that's awful! Sadly, I've heard similar stories about some of the more "trendy" type places.
I have felt invisible most of my life so I've just adapted.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 16, 2017 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think so... it's not the best customer service but there's a lot of places where employees don't help and just point or say where to find items. And will only help customers if they ask for more.
wildchild.com
by Janine on May. 16, 2017 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with Wendy. Not a good way to run a business.

Quoting wenuck: Shut the front door......Id take my money somewhere else then!! Not a way to treat anybody.
Sorry that happened!
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on May. 16, 2017 at 3:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I totally agree with you.  It is rare to find good customer service any more.

Quoting virginiamama71: I don't think so... it's not the best customer service but there's a lot of places where employees don't help and just point or say where to find items. And will only help customers if they ask for more.

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on May. 16, 2017 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I am usually quiet and have been looked over many times.  My dh announces his presence wherever he goes.  I understand how it feels to be treated like you are invisible.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Oh geez, that's awful! Sadly, I've heard similar stories about some of the more "trendy" type places.I have felt invisible most of my life so I've just adapted.

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on May. 16, 2017 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Our age, race or economic status has little to do with the poor customer service you will find in many retail stores.  This is one of the reasons many stores are closing.

9and3quarters
by Sister on May. 16, 2017 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I've found since I've gained weight and gotten over forty, I'm invisible everywhere. It's like I don't count in this world since I'm not attractive anymore. Even to my own husband. It's like I'm not there anymore and I can be standing 6 inches away.
Lb128f
by Linda on May. 16, 2017 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I hear ya'...one day those young girls will be our age!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)