Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey 40ish - It's Monday! Let's Talk (June 19th 2017)

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:48 AM
  • 54 Replies
  • 495 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Hello my lovely ladies of 40ish!  Here we are again on another bright Monday.  How is your week starting off?

Right now I'm waiting for my DH to get home from the hospital with word of how my sweet MIL is doing - she got taken in by ambulance mid-afternoon.  A low-blood pressure episode had her feeling wobbly and scared to be alone so she called for help with her emergency buzzer.  Her doctor had put her on medication last week which could have the side effect of reducing blood pressure so we were aware it could happen.  I'm sure she will be fine, but it's scary having to wait.

I have a quiet week ahead this week.  Ishtar has exams and of course she is working on her Ration Challenge. Athena finished her degree with an exam last Saturday so now the job hunt for her starts in earnest.  What do you have in store?  Come chat with us and let us know.  Grab a cup of your favourite morning brew, a snack to fill you up and join in the conversation.  There will be someone around all day.

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Best wishes for your MIL. and congrats to your kiddos! My ds starts his internship at the county courthouse this morning. I am about to leave for work. We are getting a pretty bad rain storm later today so hopefully rush hour traffic on the way home will be ok. 

Enjoy the day!

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Hey Manth....prayers for your Mil....oh yeah the waiting is the worst.   Kind of dark here this morning but the sun is suppose to show up at some point....I'm trying my best to be very quiet...and believe me that's no easy task for me...Kenny is on night shift and asleep!.....I think I'm gonna head to the basement and organize and I'm not sure how that'll work for me without the music playing...haha....

Lb128f
by Linda on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi, Manth! I pray your MIL will be okay, I know how dear she is to you. Please let us know when you hear something. Good Luck to Athena and Ishtar, I hope they both will do well (I know they will)! ;-) I have some things to take care of today, but I'll be back here later! Hope you sleep well!

Manth
by Manth on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks, Kristy. Good luck to your son with his internship. MIL seems to be improving and will probably be able to go home late tonight or early tomorrow.

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

Best wishes for your MIL. and congrats to your kiddos! My ds starts his internship at the county courthouse this morning. I am about to leave for work. We are getting a pretty bad rain storm later today so hopefully rush hour traffic on the way home will be ok. 

Enjoy the day!

Manth
by Manth on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
One thing I've always been glad is that Ross doesn't work shifts. Having to be quiet all day would suck.

Thanks for the prayers. Her bp is up and she should be released later.

Quoting secondcup5:

Hey Manth....prayers for your Mil....oh yeah the waiting is the worst.   Kind of dark here this morning but the sun is suppose to show up at some point....I'm trying my best to be very quiet...and believe me that's no easy task for me...Kenny is on night shift and asleep!.....I think I'm gonna head to the basement and organize and I'm not sure how that'll work for me without the music playing...haha....

Manth
by Manth on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks Linda. Her blood pressure has come back to where it should be so she's just under observation now and should be released either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Quoting Lb128f:

Hi, Manth! I pray your MIL will be okay, I know how dear she is to you. Please let us know when you hear something. Good Luck to Athena and Ishtar, I hope they both will do well (I know they will)! ;-) I have some things to take care of today, but I'll be back here later! Hope you sleep well!

FlyingMommy747
by Silver sister on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning Ladies,

Another day at work for me, I think I need to go to work to recover from my weekend.  Saturday we finally traded in DH's Jetta and got him a Tiguan.  Our dealership changed owners and the new guys are not as easy to deal with, it was a bit draining.  Then we ended up at the mall and William Sonoma had some plates we have been waiting to go on sale on clearence so we got them.  All in all it got so late that we had both a late lunch and dinner there.

Sunday for Father's Day DH was whipped out, and we still had to pick up the rest of the plates from another William Sonoma so DD and I went to the other mall that is closer to our home.  Then when I got home, put on a lamb roast and cleaned my house.  So I am just tired and sore and really just wanted to stay home and sleep in.  But hey only 4 more days of school for DD, YAY!

looneymom467
by Regina on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Good morning Prayers for your mother inlaw. I am still sick wish I would get over it
Manth
by Manth on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
A very busy weekend for you! I'll bet your dd is counting down the days until the end of school. Have a great day.

Quoting FlyingMommy747:

Good Morning Ladies,

Another day at work for me, I think I need to go to work to recover from my weekend.  Saturday we finally traded in DH's Jetta and got him a Tiguan.  Our dealership changed owners and the new guys are not as easy to deal with, it was a bit draining.  Then we ended up at the mall and William Sonoma had some plates we have been waiting to go on sale on clearence so we got them.  All in all it got so late that we had both a late lunch and dinner there.

Sunday for Father's Day DH was whipped out, and we still had to pick up the rest of the plates from another William Sonoma so DD and I went to the other mall that is closer to our home.  Then when I got home, put on a lamb roast and cleaned my house.  So I am just tired and sore and really just wanted to stay home and sleep in.  But hey only 4 more days of school for DD, YAY!

Manth
by Manth on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you Regina. She gave us quite the scare but seems to be improved at last. Hopefully home late tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'm sorry that you are still sick. I hope you feel better soon - you need to be able to keep up with Pammy!

Quoting looneymom467: Good morning Prayers for your mother inlaw. I am still sick wish I would get over it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)