Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those Walmart pictures

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:03 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 141 Total Views
4 moms liked this

I'm talking about the ones that we all have a laugh at and wonder what on earth were they thinking going out in public like that.

Have you ever wondered if you'd ever see one of you on there? You know where you're dressed up for a costume party but forgot to buy something so you just run in to get it when someone snaps your photo and posts it for the world to see? Or you think you look hot but forgot to look at it from behind? Having a visit from Aunt FLow and didn't realize she leaked? Or any of the other ones that are out there?

I guess this popped up because the other day we'd been baling hay and they sent me to the store to get something. I didn't think anything of it until I got back in the car and looked in the mirror. Here I am with my hair wild with sweat and hay sticking out, my face is beat red, I STINK and to top it off I realized I had a rip in my coveralls right below the back pocket that showed have my check and I'm no perfect size 2.

It was an awaking moment for me. Sure some of the people do dress like they do and know exactly what they look like but do we really have a right to take their photo and post it for the world to see?

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this

No....to me it's not right and a form of bullying.....I went and looked but these people are real....someones mother, father, brother or sister....and to me it's not right....and I've not looked the very best running into to pick up something real quick and if I ever found out there was a picture of me on there...well all hell would break loose...just saying!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:50 AM
3 moms liked this
I had a mother who insisted she and her girls were always very presentable in public and she’s probably rolling in her grave by how I go out but I don't think I would make a People of Walmart page. I don't think we can shame people with no shame. How some of them dress feels like am assault because they are so painful to look at. They're just gross, but I guess their money spends like everyone else's so stores don't care.
letstalk747
by Joyful on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I go in the store at times not to often tho when I dont care how i look so much and I see others do it too, I just googled myself to see if any pics came yesterday and found none.

momofsixangels
by Platinum sister on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:32 PM
You wanna see crazy come to Wal-Mart in Orlando
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:10 PM

It is not right but there is little we can do about it.  People are judgmental and really do not care about others feelings.

baconbits
by Bronze sister on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this

But there are things we can do about it. If we don't share it then at least we're not spreading it around. It may not be much but I figure if everyone has 200 friends on facebook and we don't share it that's 200 people we didn't show it to. Sure it may still get to them but at least we know that we didn't spread it any further.

Quoting ninamsi:

It is not right but there is little we can do about it.  People are judgmental and really do not care about others feelings.

Lb128f
by Linda on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I think about this too and have wondered. I know I could have been in a photo or two in my lifetime...once I went out while painting (to get supplies) and wasn't really "presentable" -- at all.

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:13 PM

I do not share pictures that embarrass others but pages pop up on Facebook.  Some of the pictures we see have been online for years.  Some dating site used the picture of one our local news anchors on their site and it was found by accident.  She is married and was not very happy when someone showed it to her. 

Quoting baconbits:

But there are things we can do about it. If we don't share it then at least we're not spreading it around. It may not be much but I figure if everyone has 200 friends on facebook and we don't share it that's 200 people we didn't show it to. Sure it may still get to them but at least we know that we didn't spread it any further.

Quoting ninamsi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)