Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HPV Shot?? Did your Teenager receive it?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:04 PM
  • 40 Replies
  • 573 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Both my kids are up on their immunizations except for the HPV shot.  Hubby says he doesn't want them having it, I'm on the Fence, going to look up more information but wondering what you all did/thought?

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:15 PM
4 moms liked this

Mine are almost 9 ( in a couple of weeks) and 11 ( 12 in Nov).. they will not get Gardasil. Period. While we are in charge of their medical decisions, we will decline. If they desire to get it later after they research it, that is on them. 

My reasons: There are over 250 strains of HPV.. Gardasil protects against 4- only 2 of which can cause cancer. 

It has not been tested enough for my liking. They do not know what the long term effects of this vaccine can be and my girls will not be guinea pigs. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
No
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I have 4 adult kids and they didnt get it and so my 11 yr old, who is up for shots next month will not either. Not enough research on it for me to give it to any of my children. As it was stated there many different strains of HPV and this one will not protect against all of them. 

glynch
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope I had to many concerns about it.
momof337
by Stephanie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
3 adult kids no
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM

My two kids have received it.  My oldest is an adult so he did not receive it.

hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I let the doctor decide to be safe....I just included it with other booster shots....protect your young teens no matter what anyone says...no disrespect to your dh....It's the child you're protecting....good luck

JulesFairy
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:25 PM
My girls will not be getting it at the recommended time. If later on, the research is more complete and they are further through puberty, then maybe but the vaccine was designed for 18-26.Not the 12-13 year olds they want to give it to now. I understand the logic of giving it to them so young to try and get them vaccinated before they become sexually active and possibly contract it, but the vaccine wasn't designed for that young and until research shows its safe for that young, I intend to wait.
LuvHugs429
by Sister on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been reading..... I don't understand exactly what it does protect from? Besids certain Cancers. For me that doesn't seem like a good enough reason.

Quoting hau_siyoka:

I let the doctor decide to be safe....I just included it with other booster shots....protect your young teens no matter what anyone says...no disrespect to your dh....It's the child you're protecting....good luck

Mtnsmith
by Sister on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:43 PM

Google 'Gardisil victims' before making a decision.

Not all horror stories are true, but there are so many of them that it seems more than coincidental.

One explanation I read said the vaccine suppresses the immune system to such a degree that viruses that are lurking but being held at bay by a healthy immune response (lyme disease, cancer, etc.) are given the chance to develop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)