Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Lady at Five and below-

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:40 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 357 Total Views
9 moms liked this

I was looking at a book when you were looking at the craft glue. You were on the other side and instead of saying "excuse me, could you see what the price is to this glue.." No instead it was "look and give me a price on this.." No please, thank you, kiss my ass, nothing- I dont do things on demand lady and when I gave you that odd look it wasnt because I didnt understand you, it was because I was shocked that you lacked manners. You were with your daughter and she lacked them as well. I guess we can see that the coconut didnt fall far from the tree. But even so I knew my manners and after a few seconds I let you know that there was no price. By the way the word afterwards shouldve been "thank you!" 

Im so glad that in this day and time that manners are still not being used and yet people are wondering whats wrong with todays society..

:)

How was your day?

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Did she think that you worked there?  Even if you did, that was no way of asking for help.

momof337
by Stephanie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow how rude
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh it was obvious that I didnt. I had on a tank top and shorts, while the employees had a uniform on that clearly stated they worked there. 

Quoting ninamsi:

Did she think that you worked there?  Even if you did, that was no way of asking for help.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this
So far my day is very pleasant but I am in big city traffic on a hot Friday so we'll see how it goes. Sorry she was so rude. What a shame!
wildchild.com
by Janine on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:06 PM
4 moms liked this
Some people are so rude...I was grocery shopping & went to open the freezer door to get popsicles & some lady grabbed the door & reached over me to grab whatever she wanted. Like you Dana I was shocked a grown woman would be so rude. I almost said something but decided to just walk away. My thoughts were why let some ignoramus get me all riled up. But geesh how rude!
lady-t3984
by Tina on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Good Afternoon Dana! She may have been having a bad day, or thought you worked there. Nevertheless, rudeness is never right. Dana, she had to be very ill-mannered towards you, because you are so quiet, and humble. I'm reading your post,you're really out done, it's okay to vent! Enjoy the rest of the day with a big hug from me!🤗🤗🤗, and some 🌻🌻🌻🌻
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze sister on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I still remember this one incident like it was yesterday but it was more than 30 years ago.  I was working downtown and I used public transportation because it was convenient and cheaper than paying for parking.  Anyway, I was walking to my office from the bus stop and passed the court house. A woman with her arms full with a big box was exiting the building and another woman was getting ready to enter.  The woman getting ready to enter had the gall to yell at the woman with her arms full because she didn't hold the door open her.  The woman with the box just kind of stopped for a couple of seconds with her jaw on the ground.  I'm on the sidewalk walking by and ooh boy did I really wanted to give that woman a piece of my mind!  

Wolffie
by Sister on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My boys were taught from a very young age that please and thank you were a necessity, just as I was. In fact, when one if my boys had gotten a stuffed animal at some vacation spot a few years back, he asked the lady if she would please cut the tag off the animal. She did and he said thank you. She then turned to me and said that she didn't often see kids my son's age who used their manners or were taught them and promptly told me that I was doing a good job as a mom. ( Of course, no one in public has to LIVE with my boys but that's another story. LOL!!!!)

Anyway, i don't mean to sound like I'm tooting my own parent horn. I'm sorry that you had to deal with her. I probably would have given her the price of the glue with a very sarcastic "you're welcome" after. However, she probably wouldn't have understood the implication.
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this
People get on my nerves
letstalk747
by Joyful on Jul. 14, 2017 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel as you do Dana.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)