Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FB privacy

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 153 Total Views
3 moms liked this

I know I turned this off a year or so ago, but I see it is back "on". While on FB, on the right hand side you can see who else is online fb. I do not want anyone to know that I am on there, and I can not find the answer through google, everything I read said that it can NOT be turned off. Anyone know better? Thanks. I will keep looking:-) 

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nussknacker
by Sandra - Nutlady on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:12 PM

Maybe I figured it out....I turned off chat . Will have to check it out when my daughter is here, she is constantly on FB. 

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Im not sure Sandra
I dont use it
Bump
mammadonna
by Sister on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
You're right, on the right side it shows who's online. If you click your friends name you can IM them. If you've disabled that feature no one should be able to tell when you're on FB.

Quoting nussknacker:

Maybe I figured it out....I turned off chat . Will have to check it out when my daughter is here, she is constantly on FB. 

bluebunnybabe
by Sister on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:12 PM
Turn off messenger/chat.
letstalk747
by Joyful on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

No idea

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jul. 15, 2017 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate that feature. I get online for relaxation and don't want to be interrupted. If I send a message it's usually for their leisure to respond and I don't want anyone to feel like I'm stalking them.
Lb128f
by Linda on Jul. 15, 2017 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad you figured it out!

Quoting nussknacker:

HaloSue
by on Jul. 15, 2017 at 1:24 AM
I don't like to be bothered when online. I want to do what I like without interruption.
I want to relax and enjoy my time online.
I don't go on Facebook often about once every 5_7 weeks just to see pictures usually.
I find it extremely boring lol
momofsixangels
by Platinum sister on Jul. 15, 2017 at 1:38 AM
I hate that too
nussknacker
by Sandra - Nutlady on Jul. 15, 2017 at 1:13 PM

I dont find it boring, ok actually most of it is boring, lol. Oh look, here what someone had for lunch, rolls eyes. It actually makes me very angry.....all the fake perfect people pretending they fart rainbows. And I certainly know better with some of them, so UGH. And some people have NO filters, like one of my kids! Shares way too much. I dont go on there very often, either. It tends to make my blood pressure skyrocket. But when I do, I dont want to "chat"! 

Quoting HaloSue: I don't like to be bothered when online. I want to do what I like without interruption. I want to relax and enjoy my time online. I don't go on Facebook often about once every 5_7 weeks just to see pictures usually. I find it extremely boring lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)