Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worse than Beijing

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:27 AM
  • 22 Replies
  • 293 Total Views
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is a very hazy picture of Portland, Oregon. We haven't had rain in a very long time and now we are dealing with smoke from fires from British Columbia and Eastern Orego wildfires. They are advising we stay indoors and I heard we're worse than Beijing. We also have had several triple digit days. Which is highly unusual.

Anyone else experiencing extreme conditions where you live?
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes Christine we are too......we need rain desperately and actually they're saying this is the worst in 20 years.....luckily there are no major fires going on as of this moment but that can all change in a heart beat.......and hot and humid here as well.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

The weather is normal here in Atlanta for this time of year. I'm sorry y'all are having such crappy weather up there. I'm not sure if it's worse than Beijing since I'm not there and can't compare it, but I will say that Beijing's air SUCKS! It's so freaking dusty, smoggy, hazy, etc and makes my allergies twitchy in a really bad way. It's also one of my favorite places on earth. ;-)   Stay inside or wear a face mask when you go out..that's what they do all over China. It does help you breathe easier. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

wildchild.com
by Janine on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow that's awful. I hope it clears up soon! Our weather has been pretty strange too. Usually here New England we experience very hot July's. We did have 2 heat waves but we also had temps drop & down poors. Some places even had hail.
letstalk747
by Joyful on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I am staying in I know that , very hard to breathe here with all the smoke that isnt going anywhere as of yet.

Manth
by Manth on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Fires can make for really awful conditions. We're kind of used to them since we get big blazes pretty much every summer. I hope your air quality improves soon.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I bet it's worse for you since you are further east. Staying in is a good idea.

Quoting letstalk747:

I am staying in I know that , very hard to breathe here with all the smoke that isnt going anywhere as of yet.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
We deal with it every summer but not like this. It's been the craziest year of weather. Lots of snow which is rare, the wettest spring on record and now triple digit heat. Our weather is usually relatively mild. It makes for interesting conversation. Lol

Quoting Manth: Fires can make for really awful conditions. We're kind of used to them since we get big blazes pretty much every summer. I hope your air quality improves soon.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:29 AM
That is what the news is saying but I haven't been there to compare. I can't imagine air quality being this bad on a continuous basis. I'm glad your area is having normal weather which I assume means humid, lol. Have a good day!

Quoting mcginnisc:

The weather is normal here in Atlanta for this time of year. I'm sorry y'all are having such crappy weather up there. I'm not sure if it's worse than Beijing since I'm not there and can't compare it, but I will say that Beijing's air SUCKS! It's so freaking dusty, smoggy, hazy, etc and makes my allergies twitchy in a really bad way. It's also one of my favorite places on earth. ;-)   Stay inside or wear a face mask when you go out..that's what they do all over China. It does help you breathe easier. 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
We had such a beautiful July. No rain but temp weren't terrible which was only fair after the wettest spring. I always enjoy your beautiful beach pics.

Quoting wildchild.com: Wow that's awful. I hope it clears up soon! Our weather has been pretty strange too. Usually here New England we experience very hot July's. We did have 2 heat waves but we also had temps drop & down poors. Some places even had hail.
NannyShari
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

No we aren't so far this year, however we have days like this during the summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)