Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Chef

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:38 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 220 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Good morning, my sisters,

I have a few $50 Home Chef trials to give away.  If any of you want them, PM me with you email address and I will send you one.  We love this meal service- it put a jump start back into our cooking and eating.  We had gotten into such a food rut.

by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lb128f
by Linda on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Thanks.

RaeMarie
by RaeMarie on Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

My father IS a food rut! LOL 

STVUstudent
by Sister on Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a picky ass kid, and my wife and I both work, so we found ourselves eating the same thing over and over.  We both really like good food, nice food, and we have found Home Chef to be easy to prepare, most of the recipes are very tasty, and many of them are easy to stretch to accomodate one or more children or guests.  the recipes use fairly normal ingredients that are easily found in most grocery stores (unlike Blue Apron, which always seemed to have some oddball ingredients I couldn't find anywhere).

I have always considered myself a fairly good cook, but I have been amazed at the difference a two or three ingrediant sauce will make.  I also love that there are always 10 or more meals to chose from.  I have given free trials to all my friends who want them, but still have some left and hate that they will just go to waste.

Quoting RaeMarie:

My father IS a food rut! LOL 

NannyShari
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been looking into Home Chef, I have tried Blue Apron and one other enjoyed them however the choices weren't that great.

msjoecool
by Crissy on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I've used Hello Fresh. We like it. It's just more than I want to spend.
STVUstudent
by Sister on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I will send you an e-mail invite when I get home. 

With Home Chef I have had a few misses but mostly hits.  With Blue Apron, we got two boxes, a total of 6 meals.  Loved two of them, would eat two more, and two were not at all to my liking.  With Home Cheff, you have so many options to choose from it is pretty easy to find three meals you like.  The one thing you want to look at when making your selections is the "use within" date on the recipe card.  Some recipes says to prepare within 3 days, others 4, 5, 6 or 7.  I try to make sure I have a mix of days.  One week I made the mistake of selecting two 3-day dinners and one 4-day dinner.  Screwed up my meal plan for the week.  If the week that comes up doesn't look great to you, wait a week and look at that.  You can go in and look at the current menu without registering.

Quoting NannyShari:

I have been looking into Home Chef, I have tried Blue Apron and one other enjoyed them however the choices weren't that great.

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:45 PM
Thank you
NannyShari
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Thank you, I am looking forward to trying it.

Quoting STVUstudent:

I will send you an e-mail invite when I get home. 

With Home Chef I have had a few misses but mostly hits.  With Blue Apron, we got two boxes, a total of 6 meals.  Loved two of them, would eat two more, and two were not at all to my liking.  With Home Cheff, you have so many options to choose from it is pretty easy to find three meals you like.  The one thing you want to look at when making your selections is the "use within" date on the recipe card.  Some recipes says to prepare within 3 days, others 4, 5, 6 or 7.  I try to make sure I have a mix of days.  One week I made the mistake of selecting two 3-day dinners and one 4-day dinner.  Screwed up my meal plan for the week.  If the week that comes up doesn't look great to you, wait a week and look at that.  You can go in and look at the current menu without registering.

Quoting NannyShari:

letstalk747
by Joyful on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh cool , I have always wanted to try one of these.

STVUstudent
by Sister on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:23 PM
Happy to send you a box

Quoting letstalk747:

Oh cool , I have always wanted to try one of these.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)