Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40 and wants to be a pirate

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:20 AM
  • 28 Replies
  • 329 Total Views
3 moms liked this
I am turning 40 on September 19th which is also national talk like a pirate day. So for my 40th bday I'm going to have a pirate party, everyone is going to dress up like pirates, and wenches, I'm so excited. What did you all do for your 40th birthday?
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lb128f
by Linda on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi and Welcome to the group! ;-)

That is a cool idea and sounds like lots of fun! I really didn't do anything special, I don't think, lol...it was a long time ago! Hope you have a great Birthday!

If you want you can add your Birthday to the group calendar here...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/7446/forums/read/21236301/Birthday_Anniversary_Information

bluebunnybabe
by Sister on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Had a party at the bar we frequented at the time. Your party sounds fun! I was a pirate wench for Halloween a few years back.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Have a great time. I think it sounds fun. My 40th was spent working
Manth
by Manth on Aug. 21, 2017 at 3:32 AM

That sounds like a fun theme for your special day. I hope you have fun with it.

My 40th? Not to be mentioned in polite company! I had a sh*tty day, DH spent what was supposed to be set aside for our family trip to celebrate it on something for his hobby (which has been used about 6 times in the 13 years since then) and told me three weeks before my birthday that we 'couldn't afford' the trip as a result. He then spent most of his day gossiping with a friend when he went to pick up his New Toy (yes, he actually collected it ON my birthday, just to rub salt into the wound).. He got annoyed with me when he FINALLY got home around 7 pm and found the kids nearly finished with dinner (it was a Saturday) because he had decided he would 'take me out to celebrate' and couldn't believe I didn't wait for him to get home to announce that. The kids were 7 and 8 and hungry - of course I got food for them! It wasn't their fault that Daddy was being a meathead. We eventually did go out to dinner about a week later when all tempers had simmered down!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:51 AM

Hello and welcome to the sisterhood-

That sounds like  fun and exciting day- I dont think I did anything for my 40th.. Im not one who celebrates my birthday... But I hope you have a great day and let us know how your party turns out :)

Fayanne
by Fay on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I  can't remember,,... it was so long ago.. lol. That was either the year the dh (now exdh) had a party for me at  local restuarant, or the year we were on vacation and we all went to Medieval Times.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

doodlepuss
by Sheri on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
A few months after I turned 40...I became pregnant. LOL!

A pirate party sounds like so much fun! We'll need photos after...or we'll keel-haul yah, you saucy wench! AAARRRRGGGGG!🐦
AllofFive19
by Carrie on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
My SIL had a cake and candy for me. Done in the whole message using candy bars in place of certain words and bowls of suckers with 40 Sucks, gum with 40 Blows and one other, IDR at the moment. Oh! Kisses with 40 can kiss my ass.
tvschiulaz
by Vicky on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

That is so much fun - enjoy!  Usually I am on vacation around my birthday, but do not recall where I was for my 40th.  I guess it must have been a good one LOL

Carmen66
by Carmen - Hot Latina on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Had a dinner with my girls and then my sisters for drinks. Wow, just to think that was 11 years ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)