Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey 40ish - It's Monday! Let's Talk (August 21st, 2017)

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 4:21 AM
  • 73 Replies
  • 735 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Hello, my lovely ladies of 40ish! How is everyone today?

Are you excited for today's eclipse? I just hope it gets shown on Aussie TV tomorrow - otherwise I may have to hunt up footage online. It's sure to be on YouTube!

If you don't have good Eclipse Glasses (or are unsure about the ones you have) you can make a simple viewer very easily that will let you see it without any risk to your eyes. See here for instructions - you should be able to do it in a matter of a few minutes if you have a cereal box, paper, aluminum foil and tape.

So come CHAT with us. Tell us what you are up to, or maybe what you did over the weekend. There will be someone here all day to chat with.

by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 4:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ndfan
by Sister on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:35 AM
3 moms liked this
Getting ready for work, very busy day ahead. Then to the beach!
Manth
by Manth on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Welcome to 40ish! The end of the day sounds great. And the good thing about busy days is that time slips away fast. Enjoy your day.

Quoting ndfan: Getting ready for work, very busy day ahead. Then to the beach!
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Hey Manth....we're only suppose to get partial eclipse here around 2.45PM our time.....I'll be on the road driving at that time I think....I've got to take Hughie back to hearing aid place today and we should be on our way home at that time......suppose to feel like 35 degree celcius this afternoon so kind of sticky and muggy too.....hope you had a great day!!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Good morning! 

I'm sitting here finishing my coffee before taking my shower. It's Monday and that means it's music school day for the girls. They will both be in musical drama having their auditions for the producton so no eclipse for us ( I couldn't find glasses anyway and I'm not taking a chance by trying to make anything..I'd probably screw it up and blind all 3 of us). I'll be sitting on my behind reading while they are in auditions..Lilly also has chair placement tests in band today. My poor girl has been frantically rehearsing everything all week for today. 

After music school we are going to run by the grocery store for a few things for this week and then come home so I can make dinner. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Manth
by Manth on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Hey Carol! 35C sounds like heaven after our 14C and rain today. I'm so over Winter.

Even a partial eclipse is cool as long as you don't look directly at it. Be safe out there on the road today!

Quoting secondcup5:

Hey Manth....we're only suppose to get partial eclipse here around 2.45PM our time.....I'll be on the road driving at that time I think....I've got to take Hughie back to hearing aid place today and we should be on our way home at that time......suppose to feel like 35 degree celcius this afternoon so kind of sticky and muggy too.....hope you had a great day!!

Manth
by Manth on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Good morning Claire. Music school for the girls sounds like fun although auditions are often stressful. Good luck to both of them! Good luck to Lilly with her placement tests too. I'm sure there will be eclipse footage online afterwards so they need not miss out or risk their eyes. Have a great day.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Good morning! 

I'm sitting here finishing my coffee before taking my shower. It's Monday and that means it's music school day for the girls. They will both be in musical drama having their auditions for the producton so no eclipse for us ( I couldn't find glasses anyway and I'm not taking a chance by trying to make anything..I'd probably screw it up and blind all 3 of us). I'll be sitting on my behind reading while they are in auditions..Lilly also has chair placement tests in band today. My poor girl has been frantically rehearsing everything all week for today. 

After music school we are going to run by the grocery store for a few things for this week and then come home so I can make dinner. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:28 AM
2 moms liked this

They LOVE it! I was looking for a co-op or something a few years ago and found out about this place and took a chance. Lilly started playing flute and that was all she did the first year..Karli did choir and pre-drama the first year.. then, last year Lilly added musical drama and choir ( choir is required for drama) and Karli added band last year.. This year, they have both added ASL and Karli moved up to musical drama as she is now in 4th grade. Needless to say, I'm glad we hit the family cap for tuition. They have made some great friends there and they are learning so much. It makes up for the fact that  ( and I quote Lilly) " We have the most horrible,evil teacher on the planet"..LOL   I told Lilly it didn't matter what chair she got as she is still the only piccolo player they have. I think she will do just fine. She practices all the time so she is really good for only being in her 3rd year playing. She has advanced so much in a short time. The kid is good at everything she does though. 

I'll probably pull up nasa's site later so they can see it after we get home since they are going to miss out. 

Quoting Manth: Good morning Claire. Music school for the girls sounds like fun although auditions are often stressful. Good luck to both of them! Good luck to Lilly with her placement tests too. I'm sure there will be eclipse footage online afterwards so they need not miss out or risk their eyes. Have a great day.
Quoting mcginnisc:

Good morning! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

looneymom467
by Regina on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Good morning today is no internet day gets shut off today...staying indoors during eclipse not interested in watching it and Pammy doesnt need to be outdoors

Manth
by Manth on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:36 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm glad to hear that they love it. Kids should have something they are passionate about. Both of my girls did choir through Year 7 and had a blast with it - even got to sing in a couple of concert halls which blew them away.

Quoting mcginnisc:

They LOVE it! I was looking for a co-op or something a few years ago and found out about this place and took a chance. Lilly started playing flute and that was all she did the first year..Karli did choir and pre-drama the first year.. then, last year Lilly added musical drama and choir ( choir is required for drama) and Karli added band last year.. This year, they have both added ASL and Karli moved up to musical drama as she is now in 4th grade. Needless to say, I'm glad we hit the family cap for tuition. They have made some great friends there and they are learning so much. It makes up for the fact that  ( and I quote Lilly) " We have the most horrible,evil teacher on the planet"..LOL   I told Lilly it didn't matter what chair she got as she is still the only piccolo player they have. I think she will do just fine. She practices all the time so she is really good for only being in her 3rd year playing. She has advanced so much in a short time. The kid is good at everything she does though. 

I'll probably pull up nasa's site later so they can see it after we get home since they are going to miss out. 

Quoting Manth: Good morning Claire. Music school for the girls sounds like fun although auditions are often stressful. Good luck to both of them! Good luck to Lilly with her placement tests too. I'm sure there will be eclipse footage online afterwards so they need not miss out or risk their eyes. Have a great day.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Good morning! 

Manth
by Manth on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I love eclipses - I'm envious of those living 'in the zone' but I'll catch it up online. Pammy iis probably a bit young to get the most out of it.

How will you cope without internet, Regina? My girls go crazy if it's dlown even for an hour!

Quoting looneymom467:

Good morning today is no internet day gets shut off today...staying indoors during eclipse not interested in watching it and Pammy doesnt need to be outdoors

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)