Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey 40ish Let's Talk (9/20)

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:03 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 306 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I thought I would share a bouquet from my yard. It kills me to cut the flowers but they were being destroyed by rain. They sure are cheery.

Its been a good week. We went to the Oktoberfest and Addison got to sample an elephant ear. Surprise, she likes sugar!

We only have a few more days and Fall will be here officially on Friday. Are you ready for the change in weather or is it already upon you?

What's on your agenda today? Come chat with me!
by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-t3984
by Tina on Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Good Morning Christine and Ladies! I love your beautiful flowers. I'm going to miss the gorgeous flowers,and the warm weather. Miss. Addison is really growing,she's absolutely beautiful! Have a blessed day everyone 🌻🍁🍂
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Sep. 20, 2017 at 6:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Morning....our weather is still in summer mode...hot and humid...it was suppose to rain yesterday and last nite but never did.  We need the rain before the cold weather sets in.  Addison is a doll.....and your flowers are beautiful, I picked up some fall mums on the weekend...have a great day Chris!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 20, 2017 at 6:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Good morning.. I'm sitting here with my coffee after an eventful morning already. At 4:15ish this morning, flashing lights and sirens lit up our bedroom. The dog barked and then settled down when I touched her..about 2 minutes later, she jumped off the bed and started freaking out at the back window of our room. Heath sat up and asked if she was looking out back and when I said yes, he said there was somebody in the backyard and he could see them walking around. I grabbed my cell and told him I would call 911. He went to the main back door and locked it ( I have a habit of never locking it.. I will from now on though!) and turned on the back lights..I was standing next to the treadmill by our window and a guy with no shirt on came walking close to the window and just stared at me.. all the hair on my arms stood up. Then, 2 more individuals came creeping by. Thankfully, I had just checked the bedroom door to the patio and it was locked. I got in touch with dispatch and told them the suspects were in our backyard and our security camera may have picked them up. They told me to stay indoors as they didn't know if they were armed or not. I opened the safe for Heath and he got a couple of firearms out. 

He then sat at his tablet and pulled up the camera. As it turns out, at 4:15ish, a car came flying into our subdivision ( it is a small circle of 40 houses with only one way in and out). Right behind it, was a police car with lights and sirens going. It came around the curve, in front of our house and when it tried to turn, you can hear a loud crash. Apparently, these individuals were in a high speed pursuit and were fleeing when I came eye to eye with one of them. 

There are now cops with rifles, a chopper, and police dogs in our yard and the subdvision searching for these guys. To say, I was FREAKED out was an understatement. We are still waiting on the police to come by to see the camera and for a statement since I saw all 3 of them and made eye contact with one. It's been 2 hours and I'm still shaking ( although that could be the coffee..LOL). 

Heath went up to his office to work since he was up after 2 hours of sleep.. he said he might as well do something. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Sep. 20, 2017 at 6:57 AM
3 moms liked this
Hello Ladies
Christine she is so cute!!
Just another day at work nothing different
Suppose to really warm up and get humid
Ladies have a great day
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Thank you Tina. Have a good day!

Quoting lady-t3984: Good Morning Christine and Ladies! I love your beautiful flowers. I'm going to miss the gorgeous flowers,and the warm weather. Miss. Addison is really growing,she's absolutely beautiful! Have a blessed day everyone 🌻🍁🍂
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Sorry to hear about the humidity and hope it is short lived. Hope work goes smoothly.

Quoting wenuck: Hello Ladies
Christine she is so cute!!
Just another day at work nothing different
Suppose to really warm up and get humid
Ladies have a great day
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
How scary and I am so glad your dog alerted you that someone was out there before they could get in. I had a similar incident when I was 9 months pregnant. My dh had just left for work out of town, before cell phones and I happened to look out to see a guy climb into our back yard. My Akita lost his mind and I was never so scared. I can imagine how frightened you all were as it was going on. I hope they catch the guys and that they didn't get into any of your neighbors homes. So glad you're okay.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Good morning.. I'm sitting here with my coffee after an eventful morning already. At 4:15ish this morning, flashing lights and sirens lit up our bedroom. The dog barked and then settled down when I touched her..about 2 minutes later, she jumped off the bed and started freaking out at the back window of our room. Heath sat up and asked if she was looking out back and when I said yes, he said there was somebody in the backyard and he could see them walking around. I grabbed my cell and told him I would call 911. He went to the main back door and locked it ( I have a habit of never locking it.. I will from now on though!) and turned on the back lights..I was standing next to the treadmill by our window and a guy with no shirt on came walking close to the window and just stared at me.. all the hair on my arms stood up. Then, 2 more individuals came creeping by. Thankfully, I had just checked the bedroom door to the patio and it was locked. I got in touch with dispatch and told them the suspects were in our backyard and our security camera may have picked them up. They told me to stay indoors as they didn't know if they were armed or not. I opened the safe for Heath and he got a couple of firearms out. 

He then sat at his tablet and pulled up the camera. As it turns out, at 4:15ish, a car came flying into our subdivision ( it is a small circle of 40 houses with only one way in and out). Right behind it, was a police car with lights and sirens going. It came around the curve, in front of our house and when it tried to turn, you can hear a loud crash. Apparently, these individuals were in a high speed pursuit and were fleeing when I came eye to eye with one of them. 

There are now cops with rifles, a chopper, and police dogs in our yard and the subdvision searching for these guys. To say, I was FREAKED out was an understatement. We are still waiting on the police to come by to see the camera and for a statement since I saw all 3 of them and made eye contact with one. It's been 2 hours and I'm still shaking ( although that could be the coffee..LOL). 

Heath went up to his office to work since he was up after 2 hours of sleep.. he said he might as well do something. 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Have a good day and enjoy your weather while it is still nice!

Quoting secondcup5:

Morning....our weather is still in summer mode...hot and humid...it was suppose to rain yesterday and last nite but never did.  We need the rain before the cold weather sets in.  Addison is a doll.....and your flowers are beautiful, I picked up some fall mums on the weekend...have a great day Chris!

mrgetinold
by Nana on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Happy Hump day Christine and All you Lovelies!

Oh my gosh, Christine just when I think Addison can't get any sweeter you post a sugar baby photo! Your flowers are as always add brightness to my day! Thank you. We have had some fall sneak peak days here. The aspen and trees are changing into their beauty too. I love the walks and the crunchy sound of the leaves, that and no butterflies (oh my gosh the painted lady butterflies are migrating through here and I had to run in from taking out the trash at work, go ahead you can laugh at that)

This week is homecoming at ds school tonight is the powder puff game, ds is a cheerleader at the game he will be doing flips and stuff! So hubz said better make sure you have enough for mess and a Er visit! Nice right?

Busy day at work my boss took today off to watch her grandkids, which is nice but we are still 3 people down, so more work for us, I'm glad she gets to spend time with her family.

well I need to get off my keister and get going!

Hope all of you have a most awesome day!

Thank you, Christine for today's post chat and adorable pics! Hugz!😀🌻🌺

P.s will keep you all posted if my day turns south and we wind up in the er, cross your fingers for me and ds

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope your son has a blast and that you enjoy watching him... once you get through your work day. I think it will be fun to watch him and I hope there's a lot of entertainment to be had by all.

Quoting mrgetinold:

Happy Hump day Christine and All you Lovelies!

Oh my gosh, Christine just when I think Addison can't get any sweeter you post a sugar baby photo! Your flowers are as always add brightness to my day! Thank you. We have had some fall sneak peak days here. The aspen and trees are changing into their beauty too. I love the walks and the crunchy sound of the leaves, that and no butterflies (oh my gosh the painted lady butterflies are migrating through here and I had to run in from taking out the trash at work, go ahead you can laugh at that)

This week is homecoming at ds school tonight is the powder puff game, ds is a cheerleader at the game he will be doing flips and stuff! So hubz said better make sure you have enough for mess and a Er visit! Nice right?

Busy day at work my boss took today off to watch her grandkids, which is nice but we are still 3 people down, so more work for us, I'm glad she gets to spend time with her family.

well I need to get off my keister and get going!

Hope all of you have a most awesome day!

Thank you, Christine for today's post chat and adorable pics! Hugz!😀🌻🌺

P.s will keep you all posted if my day turns south and we wind up in the er, cross your fingers for me and ds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)