Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you care?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:07 PM
  • 85 Replies
  • 1355 Total Views
2 moms liked this
Do you care if NFL players stand or kneel during our national anthem and will it impact whether or not you support your team?
by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcm3
by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
What the fuck do I care .
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:15 PM
4 moms liked this
I will start. I was a 49er fan last year and lost interest when their quarterback refused to stand. It may be a person's right but it feels disrespectful to me. It also seems like the laziest way a person could possibly protest.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you watch NFL games?

Quoting jcm3: What the fuck do I care .
momofthem311
by Bronze sister on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:20 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't care at all and I don't see the problem. My opinion is always the unpopular one though
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I am open to learning from others so that's why I asked.

Quoting momofthem311: I don't care at all and I don't see the problem. My opinion is always the unpopular one though
MixedCooke
by Bronze sister on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:27 PM
5 moms liked this
We all have our first amendment rights so how he chooses to express it doesn't bother me and the fact that it's a non-violent form of protest is even better. There will always be a black-white issue and the facts show the differences that occur in punishing each for the same crime. It is what it is. I have more of an issue when they are criminals even allowed on the teams.
anotherandree
by Bronze sister on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:33 PM
Well said and I agree!

Quoting MixedCooke: We all have our first amendment rights so how he chooses to express it doesn't bother me and the fact that it's a non-violent form of protest is even better. There will always be a black-white issue and the facts show the I differences that occur in punishing each for the same crime. It is what it is. I have more of an issue when they are criminals even allowed on the teams.
anotherandree
by Bronze sister on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:36 PM
3 moms liked this
I think that it is simply showing that they are unhappy with the state of America. It is peaceful, gets the point across, without spewing hateful words. I understand how some people find it disrespectful but I feel that you don't have to love the place to live to appreciate being able to live there. You know? Like if someone says that they don't really like their house. That doesn't mean they don't appreciate having a place to live or that with a few changes they couldn't love it, but as it stands and as it's going, they don't like it.
jcm3
by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really my husband does

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: Do you watch NFL games?

Quoting jcm3: What the fuck do I care .
lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:47 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes I do. I think its so Disrespectful. It would make a difference to me. I go Bezerk when I see men with hats on during it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)