Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey 40ish - It's Monday! Let's Talk (September 25th, 2017)

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 5:13 AM
  • 31 Replies
  • 281 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Good morning my lovely ladies of 40ish. How is everyone today?

And just to put fear into everyone's hearts - 3 months today until santa blue. Are YOU starting your preparations yet?

Of course, there's still a lot of other things going on in our worlds yet. Babies coming and parties to prepare and jobs to do and a whole lot of living going on! Athena had a job interview today so at our house we are all going fingers crossed for her right now.

So grab a cup of your favourite morning brew, a snack or two if that's your thing and come CHAT with us! There will be someone around all day to talk with.

by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tvschiulaz
by Vicky on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning Manth and ladies.  Yes I am thinking about Christmas. If I do not do it now, we will sit there with no gifts for the family. lol  Good luck to Athena today, Manth.  I am off to the races soon - got to catch a bus.  Have a great day.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 25, 2017 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning! 

We have set gifts we give the kids: want, need, wear, read, PJs on CE and a stocking..We already know what we are getting Lilly for her need/want and the other 2 gifts and stocking will be easy as well.. We also know what we are getting Karli for need.. she's 9 so everything else will be super duper easy too.  Dh and I only do stockings for each other, I do a stocking for my mom and then we draw names on his side of the family. We won't draw names until Thanksgiving though. I won't shop until Black Friday for stocking stuffers and the clothes and maybe Karlil's *want*. 

We have music school today so we will leave here around 8:40 and be gone until 4. I'll be running to the store after I drop them off and then walk 5 miles before heading inside for lunch and playing on CM while they are in all their classes. 

Good luck to Athena!! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Manth
by Manth on Sep. 25, 2017 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I've already got a couple of gifts bought. Athena and Ishtar will give me their Wish Lists soon which will help. I only buy for the two of them, a token for Ishtar's boyfriend Kyle and Ross.

Have fun at the Races today!

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good morning Manth and ladies.  Yes I am thinking about Christmas. If I do not do it now, we will sit there with no gifts for the family. lol  Good luck to Athena today, Manth.  I am off to the races soon - got to catch a bus.  Have a great day.

Manth
by Manth on Sep. 25, 2017 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for the good wishes for Athena. We should know in a couple of weeks if she makes it to the next stage - they have more interviews to do yet.

It sounds like you have a good system for gifts with your girls. I get mine to give me a Wish List with specifics. It helps, especially given that their interests are quite esoteric. They list a lot of things, knowing I will get them some but not all on their list and may get other things depending on what I find. I also shop for Athena's birthday since that's January 4th. I do probably 90% of my shopping online so I like to make sure it's all done by mid-November to allow for the mail to arrive.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Good morning! 

We have set gifts we give the kids: want, need, wear, read, PJs on CE and a stocking..We already know what we are getting Lilly for her need/want and the other 2 gifts and stocking will be easy as well.. We also know what we are getting Karli for need.. she's 9 so everything else will be super duper easy too.  Dh and I only do stockings for each other, I do a stocking for my mom and then we draw names on his side of the family. We won't draw names until Thanksgiving though. I won't shop until Black Friday for stocking stuffers and the clothes and maybe Karlil's *want*. 

We have music school today so we will leave here around 8:40 and be gone until 4. I'll be running to the store after I drop them off and then walk 5 miles before heading inside for lunch and playing on CM while they are in all their classes. 

Good luck to Athena!! 

mammadonna
by Sister on Sep. 25, 2017 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Yes, I've started my Christmas gift knitting. I have three grandsons ages 1yr, 2 1/2yrs and 4yrs...they'll each get a new sweater.
Manth
by Manth on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Handmade gifts with love are always special.

Quoting mammadonna:

Mobile Photo

Yes, I've started my Christmas gift knitting. I have three grandsons ages 1yr, 2 1/2yrs and 4yrs...they'll each get a new sweater.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

We sat the girls down several years ago and told them we were going to cut back to the 4 gifts and stocking, but they would continue to get the one on CE as well. They were fine with it..they are getting older now and they just had way too much junk in the house. They love trying to figure out what their *need* is every year...one year, they both got huge bean bag chairs..one year, our oldest got a belt display that was custom made for all of her Karate belts and her sword..This year, we are combining Lilly's want and need and the family is going in with us and she is getting the piccolo she has been saving up for.. Karli's need is a new bike. They are both going to flip out.. Lilly is really going to freak out as she has been dreaming, saving and researching forever. 

Quoting Manth: Thank you for the good wishes for Athena. We should know in a couple of weeks if she makes it to the next stage - they have more interviews to do yet. It sounds like you have a good system for gifts with your girls. I get mine to give me a Wish List with specifics. It helps, especially given that their interests are quite esoteric. They list a lot of things, knowing I will get them some but not all on their list and may get other things depending on what I find. I also shop for Athena's birthday since that's January 4th. I do probably 90% of my shopping online so I like to make sure it's all done by mid-November to allow for the mail to arrive.
Quoting mcginnisc:

Good morning! 

Good luck to Athena!! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Hello Manth and Ladies!
Oh my it is 3 months yikes lol
Im at the place where they are preparing our Test tubes for our big testing. Barry and I are here just waiting for someone to bring out 120 trays which hold 60 tubes.
Im exhausted did not sleep well. Going to be a hot one today
Ladies have a great day
goatmom4
by Sister on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Good idea coffee
goatmom4
by Sister on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Good idea coffee
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)