Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your side hustle?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:07 AM
  • 42 Replies
  • 512 Total Views
2 moms liked this
Have you ever thought about earning money in a non traditional job known as a side hustle?

There's a site called Side Hustle where they give ideas to begin a service to help you become successful doing your own thing in a non traditional job setting. I saw it on GMA and decided I would check it out.

I think I am going to pursue this myself and see if there is a market for helping people to create Inviting Spaces either in their home or outdoor spaces to be designed for entertaining. I won't bore you with details but I think it will be fun to develop a business plan.

They have a comprehensive list like turning your home into an air bnb, resume writing, blogging, baking, task rabbit.

Any idea what you would like to do if you were to start your own side hustle?
by on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze sister on Sep. 26, 2017 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably come up with lullabies or poems using a child's name.  I am pretty good at writing and rhyming and have won various awards for it when i was in school.  I have also made money from my baked goods and beaded jewelry that I have done in the past.

MixedCooke
by Bronze sister on Sep. 26, 2017 at 5:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I know I would pay someone to do the laundry and put it away!

lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Sep. 26, 2017 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Mines home organizing. I will get you home in order and help you keep it that way. I love and am very good at organizing. 

wildchild.com
by Janine on Sep. 26, 2017 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck Christine. I hope it works for you. I've always thought of writing. I use to write poems & loved english class. But I honestly wouldn't know where to begin. It sounds like the site your talking about might assist on something like that. Hmmmm interesting...wheels are spining Lol
3gr8tKids
by Bronze sister on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I've done high-end wall finishes and I've repurposed refinished furniture for side income.

I'm a recruiter by day and I can tell you my partner does resumes (not easy to do) and generates a nice coin by doing so. $225.00 for the first page. Cover letters and second pages start at around $100.00. Linkedin Profiles etc $250.00.

My next home I'd love to set up as an air b&b.

mrgetinold
by Nana on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Dang Christine I m old and thought you meant the hustle dance from the 70s! 😂    

We have something like that here where people sign up to do others yard work (my luck I'd see a butterfly and freak the people out) 

I do do wedding cakes and bday cakes, have done some for other people, but normal all I charge is for the ingredients, maybe that could be my hustle!

Keep us posted on your hustle, Christine

letstalk747
by Joyful on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I will have to check this out.

peekaboo813
by Sister on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
My side hustle would probably be a personal assistant, I'll run people's errands for them.
coolmommy2x
by Gold sister on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Good luck!
doodlepuss
by Sheri on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmmm...sounds like a site I want to explore. THANKS! You have a great idea.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)