Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were you ever sexually harassed at work?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:58 AM
  • 30 Replies
  • 272 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I remember I was just out of college and I was only female manager at a sporting goods store. I wanted to move up to corporate office . My boss held manager meetings at a strip club , I wouldn’t go to the meeting. He then wanted me to meet with him at his home, I refused. I offered to meet him at a diner or a public place. I was told come over to his home or find another job. I told my Mom she told me that’s what I get for working in a man store. This was 1995 not 1950. I did find another job. Now that I’m a parent I would have supported my kid and encouraged her to speak up and contact corporate office.

Has anything ever happened to you?

by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momtoone07
by Sister on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:00 AM
I work in construction. So, yes. I've quit two jobs because if it. However, the last time I decided to start my own business, so it worked out for me, in an odd way, I guess.
Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:02 AM
Yes,twice.
Linda_Runs
by Sister on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:10 AM

I was in the Navy for six year and yes, I have been sexually harassed.

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Years ago I worked road construction and it happened almost daily the vulgar things some of the truckers and contractors would say to us.....sadly none of us said anything to them....just behind their backs...we(me and the other girls) still talk about them pigs to this day!!

Quoting Momtoone07: I work in construction. So, yes. I've quit two jobs because if it. However, the last time I decided to start my own business, so it worked out for me, in an odd way, I guess.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:15 AM

Yes many times.. 

Manth
by Manth on Oct. 20, 2017 at 10:09 AM

Not at work, but yes in my private life it has happened a lot. I even got told I should be 'grateful for the attention'.

letstalk747
by Joyful on Oct. 20, 2017 at 10:12 AM

Yes.

lady-t3984
by Tina on Oct. 20, 2017 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
No,Never at Work!
Momtoone07
by Sister on Oct. 20, 2017 at 10:59 AM
I have never been someone not to say something. Haha Usually bosses had my back. A couple times they didn't, but it turns out, they were the ones that gave me the kick in the butt to start my own thing. Now, I run the show. So, in a strange and backwards way, I almost have to thank the ones that let me down. It just gave me more drive and made me even more determined.

Quoting secondcup5:

Years ago I worked road construction and it happened almost daily the vulgar things some of the truckers and contractors would say to us.....sadly none of us said anything to them....just behind their backs...we(me and the other girls) still talk about them pigs to this day!!

Quoting Momtoone07: I work in construction. So, yes. I've quit two jobs because if it. However, the last time I decided to start my own business, so it worked out for me, in an odd way, I guess.

MixedCooke
by Bronze sister on Oct. 20, 2017 at 11:06 AM
No but there was a lot of flirting back in the day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)