Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone have a similar situation?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:15 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 317 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I slipped on oil in a grocery store, slid, fell on my right knee and then on my left ankle. It was the one I broke last January. There was no cone or strip barrier up, so I had no idea that there was oil there. After I had fallen the checker had said "she slipped on oil" so he knew it was there and had not taken any precautions to clean it up or put a barrier or cone up. My husband then came into the store(he had dropped me off at the door) and was walking toward me and I stopped him quick as he was also starting to slip. I have had x-rays to my ankle the next morning  (esp. because a year ago I had a slight fracture on my left ankle. I now have pain in left AND right ankle and top of foot. I also have pain in my neck, mid back, knee and lower back. I had x-rays taken on all these too and no breaks but tissue inflammation. I don't know if I should go into a chiropractor as I haven't had neck & back for over 25 years and saw a chiropractor then. I am still in quite a bit of pain from head to toe, but thank God I didn't break anything. We are dealing with the grocery store and have heard from the claims dept and there were cameras and my husband took pictures too. They better pay my medical bills, who knows about pain and suffering. Thank goodness I am a walker (I was up to 5 miles every 2 days) before I broke my ankle but I was up to 1 1/2 miles, so I was doing better, now this. Anyway,I fell Seems like the claim department is dragging their feet about my claim. They better pay my medical bills, who knows about pain and suffering.I went into my primary doc a couple days ago because I'm still having pain (mostly my neck, upper back all by my spine) my ankles too. I thought maybe he would prescribe physical therapy but put me on muscle relaxers at night) and I have to go back in a month. Just wondering if anyone has had to deal with this type of situation??

by on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aakeiser
by Amy on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I had work mens comp case. They drug their feet so bad if my doctor and the surgeon did not step up i would have lost total movement of my right arm. I hurt mu rotator cup on the job. The jobs ibsurabce want me to go for another cortisone shot. I would contact an injury lawyer to help tell you the dos and donts.
letstalk747
by Joyful on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not , I hope all this works out in your favor.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Do you have an attorney? I am sorry you're going through this and hope they pay but if you are having to pay out of pocket or go through the hassle of insurance I would do whatever it takes to put pressure on them. Just make sure you are healed up so you don't settle too soon and need more care.
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Nov. 16, 2017 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree
Get an attorney if you can

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: Do you have an attorney? I am sorry you're going through this and hope they pay but if you are having to pay out of pocket or go through the hassle of insurance I would do whatever it takes to put pressure on them. Just make sure you are healed up so you don't settle too soon and need more care.
Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Nov. 16, 2017 at 7:56 PM
They will probably pay medical bills only. "Pain & suffering" really doesn't exist, according to the law. I fell in my old apt complex on their wet floors, broke my ankle in 3 places. They did pay. Good luck!
Lb128f
by Linda on Nov. 16, 2017 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that happened. Years ago I slipped on some water, same situation as yours...no sign. They also had cameras and after viewing the footage they paid all costs...loss of work, medical, meds, tests, PT...everything including pain/suffering (they added it in). If they are too slow in helping you I agree with the comments before me, get a Lawyer -- the Lawyer should not charge anything but will take about 33% of your settlement. If you haven't done a case/settlement before...just don't sign anything (especially paperwork or a check) until all is taken care of. I hope you'll be feeling better soon! BTW: if you think PT would help you just ask the Doc to write an RX for it.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Nov. 16, 2017 at 8:14 PM
I agree with this

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: Do you have an attorney? I am sorry you're going through this and hope they pay but if you are having to pay out of pocket or go through the hassle of insurance I would do whatever it takes to put pressure on them. Just make sure you are healed up so you don't settle too soon and need more care.
BL2010
by BL on Nov. 17, 2017 at 1:24 PM

OUGH... sorry this happened. If possible, I do think you need to be in touch with a personal injury lawyer. You want to make sure the store people do everything that they should be doing.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Nov. 17, 2017 at 10:32 PM
I agree with the other ladies definitely try to obtain an attorney. They were at fault & should be paying medical bills & pain & suffering. I'm really suprised they are dragging their feet. You could seriously rake them over the coals! Good luck & I hope you feel better.
Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:47 PM
If the store's insurance company works with you, you won't need an attorney. An attorney told me to see if their insurance co worked with us first.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)