Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Compared to last year

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:15 AM
  • 63 Replies
  • 589 Total Views
6 moms liked this
Will your Thanksgiving or even Christmas be celebrated with the same people or are you having to make some adjustments?

In our family we have the addition of Addison who was born on NYE but have lost my grandfather, my uncle's mom, an honorary grandmother and my sister has divorced so my bil will be someplace else with my nieces and my sister is spending it with her bf. She would rather go wine tasting than hang out with us.

It's funny how life is so fluid and people come and go. I really miss my parents at the holidays, especially my dad who loved family get together.
by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

It will be the same people this year, thankfully. :)

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:24 AM
4 moms liked this
I only like change when it's my idea. Lol. I hope you have a great day with them.

Quoting BL2010:

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

LMAO.. me too!

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: I only like change when it's my idea. Lol. I hope you have a great day with them.
Quoting BL2010:

peachesforme
by Sister on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this
There's some drama with my in laws. They are fighting. We've always gotten together at fil's house but this year it's all up in the air. No idea if we are still trying or not. Sil seems to want nothing to do with it.
wildchild.com
by Janine on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:53 AM
4 moms liked this
This year we have a new addition my great niece...babyJane. But that's a very welcoming change. Love my chubba wubba😊
letstalk747
by Joyful on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:00 AM
4 moms liked this

Different most of us have 2 places to be so some decided to have get togethers on the Saturdat before or after but some still cant make it each year ends up different.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:07 AM
3 moms liked this

We lost my Dad this summer. Our aunt passed away this summer as well. and our uncle is in a dementia hospital. My son's fiance left him, so she wont be with us either. My DD's oldest DS has decided to spend Thanksgiving with his girlfriend and he is usually here too. My in laws are down south this year for Thanksgiving.

So for Thanksgiving we will have just 8 people. Christmas, the in laws will be back and my oldest DS will visit with his family.

I am not in the mood for the holidays this year, but am trying to get back some normalcy after a very chaotic and depressing year.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes a quieter holiday is the better option if people have drama. I suspect I will never spend another holiday with my sister but that's her choice.

Quoting peachesforme: There's some drama with my in laws. They are fighting. We've always gotten together at fil's house but this year it's all up in the air. No idea if we are still trying or not. Sil seems to want nothing to do with it.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM
3 moms liked this
I know your family went through a really rough year and hopefully next year will be cheerier.

Quoting kaarina:

We lost my Dad this summer. Our aunt passed away this summer as well. and our uncle is in a dementia hospital. My son's fiance left him, so she wont be with us either. My DD's oldest DS has decided to spend Thanksgiving with his girlfriend and he is usually here too. My in laws are down south this year for Thanksgiving.

So for Thanksgiving we will have just 8 people. Christmas, the in laws will be back and my oldest DS will visit with his family.

I am not in the mood for the holidays this year, but am trying to get back some normalcy after a very chaotic and depressing year.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:34 AM
3 moms liked this
My dd did that with her inlaws. She asked her sil to host a dinner for that side and they did it yesterday which is nice because it's just chaotic when we're all together. I cook and they ignore me so I told her not this year.

Quoting letstalk747:

Different most of us have 2 places to be so some decided to have get togethers on the Saturdat before or after but some still cant make it each year ends up different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)