Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever had a mouse issue in your home ?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 7:25 PM
  • 47 Replies
  • 474 Total Views
3 moms liked this

I just got rid of 1- expecting more  if there was 1,

How do you keep them out of your house?

by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
2panda7
by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:53 PM
Stuff stainless steel pads into small holes around pipes and cables and seal the holes with caulk. Also locate where they are coming in and seal it off. We had this problem in an apartment once. It was awful. I had to call them out multiple times before they were able to locate where they were coming in from and I was on the 3rd floor and kept my place clean!
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 7, 2017 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
You have to find where they get in. They can go through the smallest openings. In my house it was around the gutter. The board was pulling away. After it was fixed I didn't find anymore.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze sister on Dec. 7, 2017 at 7:40 PM
3 moms liked this

I have cats.  

chicken13
by Bronze sister on Dec. 7, 2017 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
They get into all our outbuildings and destroy equipment and eat wires. The smallest tiniest little bitty holes are enough for them to squeeze in.

Good luck.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Dec. 7, 2017 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I found them in my basement one year. I found a small hole where the foundation and the house come together and I filled that hole. I put glue traps all around the edges of the basement. I caught a bunch of them on the traps and Wolfie caught a few. I keep glue traps lining the edges and haven’t had any mice since that year.
redneck_kids
by Linda on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:30 PM
We live in the country so they are always here. We have pack rats outside.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Yep, I am in the country surrounded by fields and they get into absolutely everything. I am constantly setting traps. One met his demise in the back of our truck this week after it tore into a bag of chicken food. Those plug in things are helpful. One of my cats goes outside and will come back in minutes with one as if she has a vending machine out there.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I mean Owen is constantly setting traps and I fear running into them

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: Yep, I am in the country surrounded by fields and they get into absolutely everything. I am constantly setting traps. One met his demise in the back of our truck this week after it tore into a bag of chicken food. Those plug in things are helpful. One of my cats goes outside and will come back in minutes with one as if she has a vending machine out there.
2panda7
by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Stuff stainless steel pads into small holes around pipes and cables and seal the holes with caulk. Also locate where they are coming in and seal it off. We had this problem in an apartment once. It was awful. I had to call them out multiple times before they were able to locate where they were coming in from and I was on the 3rd floor and kept my place clean!
cgd5112
by Bronze sister on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here 🙂😌

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I have cats.  

redneck_kids
by Linda on Dec. 7, 2017 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
My dog is better mouser then those cats at the house of my mils.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)