Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It’s ok to get rid of stuff you don’t like.

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:25 PM
  • 31 Replies
  • 454 Total Views
2 moms liked this

DD hates a couple toys her Grandmother gave her years ago. She keeps them because DH always reminds her they were a gift. One is a screaming Bear . I hate it too I think it’s suppose to talk but it’s screams it was scary for a 4 year old. I tell my kids if you don’t like it donate it or throw it out. DH continues to keep clothes his mother buys him he won’t wear them but won’t toss them. 

Im just done with hanging on to stuff I don’t like or want. Maybe someone can find a use for it.

Do you keep things you don’t like to make someone else happy?

by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
IHaveFrogLegs
by Sister on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:36 PM
I have a box and put things in it that people give me that i have no use for or that i dont like.Then i give it to someone else when the situation arises
stepperbepper
by Sister on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope
valkay
by faithful sister on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I keep anything that I think when they come to visit they will look for
hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes there is nothing wrong with recycling things you don't use or wear...They will make others happy...

IHaveFrogLegs
by Sister on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a box and put things in it that people give me that i have no use for or that i dont like.Then i give it to someone else when the situation arises
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I get rid of few and donate alot
valkay
by faithful sister on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no problem of someone getting rid of something I gave them. Exception was my dil getting rid of an baby afghan my mom made but not the one her grandmother made. My mom is dead and another family member would have loved it.
anotherandree
by Bronze sister on Dec. 10, 2017 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My mother asks about stuff she's given. Even for YEARS after. If you said that you threw it out or donated it, she says, "oh no. That's too bad. I really liked it (paid alot for it, worked hard to get it, and such). Unfortunately, the guilt only gets worse because even if you've told her it's gone, shell STILL ask about it. And make the sob story worse each time. I've gotten to where I just roll my eyes but the kids get sad and so they keep everything and tell me that it's not worth telling grandma.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 10, 2017 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people like to keep everything. It's not a problem until it turns into hoarding.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Dec. 10, 2017 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm all for purging. Why hold onto stuff you don't like or enjoy.

I bet if his mom heard how that bear sounds she say toss it too!

1210maggie
by Bronze sister on Dec. 10, 2017 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

She knows she put the batteries in when DD opened it said maybe if you keep playing with it will get better. 

Quoting rosebud727:

I'm all for purging. Why hold onto stuff you don't like or enjoy.

I bet if his mom heard how that bear sounds she say toss it too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)