Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dehydration

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:32 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 163 Total Views
6 moms liked this

I know this is a subject most don't want to think about. BUT as our bodies get older we tend to lose more fluids. We have to replenish these fluids with water. Most think that if they drink a soda, coffee, tea, juice or whatever beverage they are hydrating. WELL you're wrong. YOU are not hydrating and you're causing more harm than good. 

I used to hate water, and yes, I was a big soda drinker. I started my Natural health class and my instructor looked at my big 64oz Dr Pepper (decaf of course) and used me as an example. Her example was simple, you cant expect a car to run without oil. YOUR body cant run without water. She asked me to give up soda for a week and replace it with water. She said add lemon/lime or something that will make it tolerable. I did and was shocked on how I was feeling. My body felt better and I wasn't as tired.I stop drinking soda that day and never looked back. 

Dehydration is one of the leading reason for people to end up in the ER. It causes dizziness, muscle cramps, and weakness. YOUR body loses fluids just by breathing so you have to replenish. 

Your body requires 64oz a day of water. You can add flavor such as lemon/orange/cucumber/apple/orange or mint or combine several. I like mint and cucumber. Oh and by the way, water also helps with weight loss- a win-win :)

by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joyful on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh yes very important.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't drink nearly enough water, that's for certain because it shows in my skin that's gotten too much sun.
BL2010
by BL on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Water is so very important for a healthy body and mind. :)

chicken13
by Bronze sister on Dec. 11, 2017 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I actually LOVE water...so this has never been an issue for me.

In the winter, I love it with a lemon or lime wedge.

Lb128f
by Linda on Dec. 11, 2017 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Great info and a good reminder, thanks for sharing!

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Dec. 11, 2017 at 5:48 PM

I know water is important but I never drink enough consistently.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:36 PM
Yes water is so good for you. I try to drink it all the time.
Jambo4
by Sister on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:45 PM

I hate water, I really do so it's an effort to make myself drink it.  I know it's important but the more I drink the more trips to the bathroom.  Never ending cycle, lol

bluebunnybabe
by Sister on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I usually drink close to two gallons of water a day.
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I started the water challenge again yesterday. I got up drinking 32oz and I will drink 32oz again around noon and again in the evening. That will be 96oz of water for the day and thats not counting any water I drink during the day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)