Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey 40ish...Let's Talk (12/13)

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:57 AM
  • 36 Replies
  • 358 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

How is everyone doing today? It won't be long and the kiddos will be on winter break. Do you have anything special planned for them? Are you all prepared for cold and flu season? I hear there is a lot of that going around and the flu is very bad this year.

For an FYI we haven't had a recent update on Tina so I am assuming she in mending, but we can send prayers and good thoughts her way.

by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Dec. 13, 2017 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning Christine & Ladies!

I feel good this morning.  We went to the YMCA last night and exercised.  I slept very well.  It's a cold day over here.  Our dd will be attending a workshop at the theatre she attends classes at for one day during the winter break.  Other than that we have no special plans.

I got my flu and pneumonia shots.  Praying for Tina.  I miss her cheerful chats.

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Morning Chris....oh I do miss Tina...such a big asset to this group...so cheerful and has such a positive energy to her......raining and very mild here this morning........it's was freezing yesterday...haha...more weird weather!!...I think I'm gonna go outside at some point today and try and fix my Christmas lites...the snow had buried some so I'll have to rearrange those ones.  hope you have a great day!!

Manth
by Manth on Dec. 13, 2017 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi there Christine! I'm enjoying our Season of Summer Fun. Flu season was bad for us - I hope the predictions are wrong for you.

Got back from our midweek break this morning. We had a lot of fun, some nice meals and really enjoyed each other's company. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed though! The hotel bed was lovely and very comfortable but it was different and that made it hard to get to sleep!
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this
The workouts are becoming a regular thing and results will feel great. Your dd's theatre workshop sounds like a nice thing for her to concentrate on while she's on break and I hope the kids have a nice time off from school. Have a good day and I hope you don't have to be out in the cold.

Quoting ninamsi:

Good Morning Christine & Ladies!

I feel good this morning.  We went to the YMCA last night and exercised.  I slept very well.  It's a cold day over here.  Our dd will be attending a workshop at the theatre she attends classes at for one day during the winter break.  Other than that we have no special plans.

I got my flu and pneumonia shots.  Praying for Tina.  I miss her cheerful chats.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I heard the flu was bad in Australia a few months ago when you were in the thick of winter and my dd says it's already bad where she is working. She said she stripped at the door of her home and bagged her shoes so Addison wouldn't get ahold of them.

I am so glad you got away and had a lovely time. It's so good for a marriage to have time away every once in awhile and have a bit of fun. Glad the weather cooperated too. We missed you around here. Sleep well.

Quoting Manth: Hi there Christine! I'm enjoying our Season of Summer Fun. Flu season was bad for us - I hope the predictions are wrong for you.

Got back from our midweek break this morning. We had a lot of fun, some nice meals and really enjoyed each other's company. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed though! The hotel bed was lovely and very comfortable but it was different and that made it hard to get to sleep!
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
It has been cold here but thankfully dry or we would have a mess. It's supposed to warm up a bit and rain later in the week. That's my kind of winter weather. Good luck with the lights and hopefully you won't be on any ladders on your own. I always am and worry owen. Lol. Have a great day!

Quoting secondcup5:

Morning Chris....oh I do miss Tina...such a big asset to this group...so cheerful and has such a positive energy to her......raining and very mild here this morning........it's was freezing yesterday...haha...more weird weather!!...I think I'm gonna go outside at some point today and try and fix my Christmas lites...the snow had buried some so I'll have to rearrange those ones.  hope you have a great day!!

baconbits
by Bronze sister on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Winter break for us will be spent clearing out bedrooms and trying to make room for 2 more of our grandkids coming to live with us. I've made a start but have a long way to go. Hoping that colds/flu season stays far away! I really don't need it in my house this year. Way to much to do. The days I'm not home with the kids they'll be at my moms. She likes to make cookies with them even if we already have a ton but they'll take them to some of the other seniors in the church.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Making cookies sounds fun, but clearing bedrooms sounds like not so much fun. I suppose it will feel good once it's done. It's so nice that you have your mom to help you with the kids when you need it. How old are the grandchildren who are coming to live with you?

Quoting baconbits:

Winter break for us will be spent clearing out bedrooms and trying to make room for 2 more of our grandkids coming to live with us. I've made a start but have a long way to go. Hoping that colds/flu season stays far away! I really don't need it in my house this year. Way to much to do. The days I'm not home with the kids they'll be at my moms. She likes to make cookies with them even if we already have a ton but they'll take them to some of the other seniors in the church.

Lb128f
by Linda on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi Christine! Doing okay here, hope you are too. Not ready for the cold or flu season, don't want either of those! I've been calling Tina's DD daily with no response...just tried again this AM. I'm hoping she will get back with me. I'll let you all know when I hear something. Hope you have a great day!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 13, 2017 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Stay warm and safe. It looks like you are due for a winter storm. I hope Tina's dd gives you an update and pray for her progress.

Quoting Lb128f:

Hi Christine! Doing okay here, hope you are too. Not ready for the cold or flu season, don't want either of those! I've been calling Tina's DD daily with no response...just tried again this AM. I'm hoping she will get back with me. I'll let you all know when I hear something. Hope you have a great day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)