Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today is....

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:49 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 149 Total Views
2 moms liked this

The first National day of the Horse was recognized in congress in 2004. This event was created to remind congress and others what this day and the horse represents. Congress needs to finally ban horse slaughter and pass the SAFE Act and stop the roundups of wild horses.

Encouraging citizens to be mindful of the contribution of horses to the economy, history, and character of the United States and expressing the sense of Congress that a National Day of the Horse should be established.

Whereas the horse is a living link to the history of the United States;

Whereas, without horses, the economy, history, and character of the United States would be profoundly different;

Whereas horses continue to permeate the society of the United States, as witnessed on movie screens, on open land, and in our own backyards;

Whereas horses are a vital part of the collective experience of the United States and deserve protection and compassion;

Whereas, because of increasing pressure from modern society, wild and domestic horses rely on humans for adequate food, water, and shelter; and

Whereas the Congressional Horse Caucus estimates that the horse industry contributes well over $100,000,000,000 each year to the economy of the United States: Now, therefore, be it Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That Congress–

(1) encourages all citizens to be mindful of the contribution of horses to the economy, history, and character of the United States;

(2) expresses its sense that a National Day of the Horse should be established in recognition of the importance of horses to the Nation’s security, economy, recreation, and heritage; and

(3) urges the President to issue a proclamation calling on the people of the United States and interested organizations to observe National Day of the Horse with appropriate programs and activities.

Go to National Day of the Horse Facebook Page

by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Featured Replies
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Sister on Dec. 13, 2017 at 7:35 PM
My horses will appreciate this. I have 10 horses of various breeds. Pepper is a solid black thoroughbred cross, Twister (Pepper's sister) is a pure red roan Thoroughbred, Phantom (Twister's daughter) is a thoroughbred cross, Harley is a chestnut quarter horse, Sunny is a palomino quarter horse (boarding her for my niece), Alpha is a bay Clydesdale, Elsa (buckskin) and Oliver (bay) are Morgan crosses (half siblings), Daphne is a dapple rose gray thoroughbred, and Bandit is a black and white paint. We certainly have our hands full and the sure stretch out budget but we love them dearly.
Lb128f
by Linda on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

TFS!

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Sweet
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 13, 2017 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for sharing.
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Dec. 13, 2017 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I did not know this....I think today in Canada is National Cocoa Day...or maybe it was yesterday..haha

Cowgirl_Coyote
by Sister on Dec. 13, 2017 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
My horses will appreciate this. I have 10 horses of various breeds. Pepper is a solid black thoroughbred cross, Twister (Pepper's sister) is a pure red roan Thoroughbred, Phantom (Twister's daughter) is a thoroughbred cross, Harley is a chestnut quarter horse, Sunny is a palomino quarter horse (boarding her for my niece), Alpha is a bay Clydesdale, Elsa (buckskin) and Oliver (bay) are Morgan crosses (half siblings), Daphne is a dapple rose gray thoroughbred, and Bandit is a black and white paint. We certainly have our hands full and the sure stretch out budget but we love them dearly.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Sister on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Cool. I didn't know that there was a an actual horse day. We have 4 horses, a pony, and a donkey (plus other animals as well).
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Horses are so pretty
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this

There is a day for just about everything.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1: Cool. I didn't know that there was a an actual horse day. We have 4 horses, a pony, and a donkey (plus other animals as well).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)