Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day of Service!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:21 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 174 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Each year, the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) spearheads the effort to encourage Americans to volunteer in their communities during the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service and the September 11th National Day of Service and Remembrance.

Have you ever participated in a day of service project?

by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
Jambo4
by Sister on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:45 PM

Not for MLK day, but we have church service days all the time and our town has a local volunteer group I'm involved in and then our state has 9cares hosted by 9news and encourages everyone to serve others.

It's pretty much a way of life rather than an occasional event. :)

letstalk747
by Joyful on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I have not.

Jambo4
by Sister on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Not for MLK day, but we have church service days all the time and our town has a local volunteer group I'm involved in and then our state has 9cares hosted by 9news and encourages everyone to serve others.

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this

We need more people to make serving others a way of life.  Thank you for taking the time to serve others.

Quoting Jambo4:

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I have not but that's so nice☺
Jambo4
by Sister on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:05 PM

Ah.. don't thank me.  I'm the one that benefits.  :)  It feels good to help others.  It can become addictive. ha ha  I know for me it always seems like there is no way I can fit anything into my busy schedule... but honestly, if people do, the joy they will feel is better than any drug.  So basically I'm selfish, lol

Quoting ninamsi:

We need more people to make serving others a way of life.  Thank you for taking the time to serve others.

Quoting Jambo4:

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I love to help others.  I feel bad because I did that often at my old job.  

Quoting Jambo4:

Ah.. don't thank me.  I'm the one that benefits.  :)  It feels good to help others.  It can become addictive. ha ha  I know for me it always seems like there is no way I can fit anything into my busy schedule... but honestly, if people do, the joy they will feel is better than any drug.  So basically I'm selfish, lol

Quoting ninamsi:

Quoting Jambo4:

mrgetinold
by Nana on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Don’t we all wish it was more then 2 days a year, but with everyone’s schedules work family etc!

the girls where I work and I do a hour a week at the food bank we send our leftover food from the school too! It’s nice to do for others and the people that come in we know by name and the hugs are nice too

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I have done a lot of volunteer work but never for an official day of service
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:32 PM

I'm sure the people at the food bank appreciate your help.

Quoting mrgetinold:

Don’t we all wish it was more then 2 days a year, but with everyone’s schedules work family etc!

the girls where I work and I do a hour a week at the food bank we send our leftover food from the school too! It’s nice to do for others and the people that come in we know by name and the hugs are nice too

Lb128f
by Linda on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Thanks for sharing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)