Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's crazy here. Prices are climbing and anything I might like is sold within a week and most likely within days. Trying to buy out of town is really hard. Inventory is also very low.

The way the housing market is right now I feel anxiety. I am afraid if prices keep climbing we'll be priced out. Housing dollars go so much further in other parts of the country, it's depressing. How is the market in your area?
by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 3:06 AM
Replies (71-76):
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Feb. 12, 2018 at 9:14 AM

bump

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 12, 2018 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I wish it were like that here. It's insane.

Quoting aakeiser: It is slow here. It seens like house stay up for sale 6 months to a year.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 12, 2018 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully interest rates don't go up too much and people can keep buying.

Quoting Fayanne:

it has picked up a bit near me, and it less rural areas, it's becoming a bit of a seller's market.. which should work well for me.. I want to sell my rental when dd moves out.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 12, 2018 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
We just put an offer on a house that was on the market for a day. A couple other houses went the same day and had bidding wars. It's ridiculous.

Quoting rockymtngirl: Colorado...crazy housing. Houses are only on the market for 12-24hrs. People are offering thousands over the asking price.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 12, 2018 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
That sounds about right. We can't really afford the community we're in on a fixed income because prices have risen so much. We chose a small community where prices aren't as high, but they're rising.

Quoting MixedCooke: I bought my house short sale for $190k. And it’s now worth $310k in 6 years.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 12, 2018 at 10:41 AM
Your place sounds really lovely and it's in such a beautiful area of the country. We and all our neighbors have about three acres and our neighbors want nearly $800000k for their place. I think our property is about $300k just for the land. Prices here are beyond reach for so many people.

Quoting cleokitty14:

It's not cheap, that's for sure ... we are about 55 miles SW of DC, in a rural area, but still our little 3 bed, 2 bath is assesed at just under $400,000; it's about 1200 sq feet, not including the full basement (2400 if you count that).  However, the basement is half laundry/storage room & the other half is a finished area; used to be used as a family/guest room, not our youngest dd uses it as her bedroom, but there is no closet in the room.  We have just slightly over 10 acres, so with that included, we'd get more than $400,000 we would think ... but we ain't gona sell!  It's all ours, lock, stock & barrell.  We did have 16 acres, but gave just over 5 to oldest son/wife to build a house on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)