Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey 40ish... Let's Talk (2/14)

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2018 at 12:27 AM
  • 32 Replies
  • 397 Total Views
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Happy Valentines and Happy Birthday to Oregon on becoming a state! We're a 159 years young.

I am looking forward to a relaxing evening and think we will go to dinner at a little place out of the way. I'd really like a calzone.

Have you ever celebrated an over the top Valentine Day or is it just another day to you? I have to admit that I used to love that stuff but now I'm kind of over it. Lol We celebrated early by taking Addison a sugar glazed donut which she loved.

What else have you got going on today?
by on Feb. 14, 2018 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lb128f
by Linda on Feb. 14, 2018 at 12:45 AM
4 moms liked this

happy birthdayto Oregon and happy valentineto you, Christine! ;-) Hope you have a great evening! A calzone sounds yummy! No plans here...maybe just a bit of chocolate! ;-)

Manth
by Manth on Feb. 14, 2018 at 4:11 AM
4 moms liked this

Good morning Christine! February 14th is just another day to us - we prefer to celebrate when it's not overwhelming, when flowers and chocolates are normal prices and the restaurants are not crowded to overflowing! Ishtar and her boyfriend did go out tonight - they haven't seen one another much since Christmas so it was a good excuse to go on a date.

Not much happening today. Laundry (there's ALWAYS laundry!) and we had the Pest Control company out to do their annual Termite Inspection. All good - no signs of the blighters apart from the wall where they had set up shop 15 years ago (and got treated - fortunately the damage wasn't so severe we had to rebuild the wall but there are the old dead nests still in there). Unless we see signs of active infestation we will not need to call them in until next year.

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Feb. 14, 2018 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Good Morning Christine & Ladies!

Happy Birthday to the state of Oregon & ☺ Happy Valentine's Day ladies! The funeral for my brother in-law is today. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a big mess. I know it will not be very comfortable for sure.

I hope everyone has a good day and pleasant evening.
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Feb. 14, 2018 at 6:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Morning Chris.....Valentine's Day does not go unnoticed here but not a gigantic thing either....we went out to dinner with our Campground family on Sunday and that was our annual valentine dinner.....I'll be cooking today....don't mind a bit......Happy Valentine's Day...and Happy Birthday to Oregon......hope you have a great day!!

Lori942
by UMM....... Lori :) on Feb. 14, 2018 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Nina, I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.💗

Quoting ninamsi: Good Morning Christine & Ladies!

Happy Birthday to the state of Oregon & ☺ Happy Valentine's Day ladies! The funeral for my brother in-law is today. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a big mess. I know it will not be very comfortable for sure.

I hope everyone has a good day and pleasant evening.
Lori942
by UMM....... Lori :) on Feb. 14, 2018 at 7:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Good morning Christine and all. Happy Valentine's day! We really don't do anything special on Vday. It's warmer here today so dh is wanting to put some steaks on the grill but don't know if that will work out since it's supposed to rain. I hope everyone has a great day!
aakeiser
by Amy on Feb. 14, 2018 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Happy Valentine's Day ladies. Not much going on.

My son hit a major growrh spurt. It was like over night. I realize it has been happening over time and i just noticed it. He is about an 2 inches shorter than me and he was in 29 x 30 mens jeans. Well, he out grew those, and is in 30 to 32x 30...he is only 12. I guess I need to go clothes shopping. Luckly my daughter is staying seems to be staying at her current weight and height. She can wear a womans small or 4 in pants.
mrgetinold
by Nana on Feb. 14, 2018 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Happy Valentine’s Day or as my dd likes to call it a made up for Hallmark to make 💰💰day 🙀 Christine and All!

The extend of my vday is on the table by the sink I will post a pic, but please try to contain your excitement, I sure have! No never have I ever had a over the top feb. 14th! But a calzone does sound yummy! Enjoy!

Today I have work, followed by 5 no pay days off! After yesterday I need them, the young one at work don’t know how to load the racks for the dishwasher and so the hot dishes fall out and who had to touch them to get them out... me! Then she says oh today just isn’t your day! Wth? 🙁🤬😤 

I did get a message for a interview it’s the same wear a hair net job I think my hair is molded into hair net style 😂🙀, but it isn’t as my hubz would say worthless, it’s full time and has some kind of benefits! Will call when I get home today!

well I hope you all are showered with love today!

Thank you Christine for today’s post chat hugs, ❤️🤗

Did Addison give you Big sticky just ate a donut loves! Them is the best kind right!

mrgetinold
by Nana on Feb. 14, 2018 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Here is my thoughtful 😂 hubz vday gift! Still in the plastic

SelaCarsen
by Sister on Feb. 14, 2018 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

We still celebrate after 23 yrs! DH is taking me out to dinner tonight, and he got me a gorgeous bouquet of roses yesterday, out of the blue! I'm going to a local artisan chocolate shop today to get a box for him. :)

Other than that, though, I still have to get some work done before he gets home, so I'd better get writing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)