Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need opinions

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:31 PM
  • 49 Replies
  • 712 Total Views
3 moms liked this

my GS was at daycare..they have it gated off so the kids are in one section of the house. He climbs so he climbed the gate..it fell onto the owners printer that was on a low end table near the gate. provider tells DD that it's worth $500. DD says she will pay half.
Now...here is my opinion.
There are 2 people to watch the kids. One was making lunch and one was changing a diaper BUT it's their job to watch GS. This is a business and sometimes there are costs to having a business. Last week GS fell from the high chair and he bit his lip there..blood everywhere. Did DD sue them? no because accidents happen. I told DD to not pay them but she's too nice.
what is your opinion?

by on Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:32 PM
6 moms liked this

My opinion is this daycare sucks and your DD needs to get your grandson out ASAP.

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
That's some bullshit!
anotherandree
by Bronze sister on Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea, I agree with previous poster. It doesn't sound like a good fit. And, if the gate fell, your gs could have been seriously injured. Being nice, I would probably pay half (what kinda of printer still costs $500 these days?!) But then put in my notice.
Lb128f
by Linda on Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Do NOT pay, DO think about getting a new daycare. No one should have ever asked her to pay anything (they should have mentioned GS falling again). Is this home daycare licensed by the state? Just curious.

Lb128f
by Linda on Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree about the printer, that doesn't make sense. 

Quoting anotherandree: Yea, I agree with previous poster. It doesn't sound like a good fit. And, if the gate fell, your gs could have been seriously injured. Being nice, I would probably pay half (what kinda of printer still costs $500 these days?!) But then put in my notice.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:58 PM
3 moms liked this
She should find another daycare.
Lb128f
by Linda on Feb. 20, 2018 at 7:06 PM
3 moms liked this

This is really bothering me. ;( Please tell DD not to pay! This lady should have insurance to cover broken equipment (plus no matter what the printer cost it was an accident that was their fault, not GS's)!  There's no way GS or DD should be responsible for a fall that GS had resulting from the negligence of his daycare workers. 

anotherandree
by Bronze sister on Feb. 20, 2018 at 7:19 PM
2 moms liked this
If it's a glorified babysitter then there would be no insurance to cover it.

Quoting Lb128f:

This is really bothering me. ;( Please tell DD not to pay! This lady should have insurance to cover broken equipment (plus no matter what the printer cost it was an accident that was their fault, not GS's)!  There's no way GS or DD should be responsible for a fall that GS had resulting from the negligence of his daycare workers. 

wenuck
I WILL MISS THIS SITE! THANK YOU CAFEMOM!!
Monday at 8:46 PM
by Wendy - Moonshine on Feb. 20, 2018 at 7:23 PM
3 moms liked this
No,no, no
If she decided to have a childcare then her house should be set up as a daycare!
Expensive stuff should be put away! It wasnt like she was babysitting for a day and it happened No. Thats how I feel
Memere7
by Sister on Feb. 20, 2018 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this

its in home but shes licensed

Quoting Lb128f:

Do NOT pay, DO think about getting a new daycare. No one should have ever asked her to pay anything (they should have mentioned GS falling again). Is this home daycare licensed by the state? Just curious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)