Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey 40ish!!! Let's Chat 03/17/18

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:21 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 298 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Image result for happy st patricks day graphics

Good Morning Sisters & Happy ST. Patrick's Day!

Are you putting your green on?

Image result for funny st patricks day paradeImage result for funny st patricks day parade

It is a very cold 30 degrees today here in NYC so I can tell you I will not be going to the St Patrick's Day Parade!  Instead I have a fun appointment with an x-ray machine to find out if this old gal has arthritis or something more serious going on in her shoulder. 

After that quick appointment it is anyones guess how long we will actually stay outdoors. 

What are your plans today ladies?  Is anyone going to a St. Patrick's Day Parade or joining in the revelry afterwards?

As you sip your first cup of coffee or tea, stop by and say hello.

Wishing you all a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day!

by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Manth
by Manth on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:25 AM
3 moms liked this

Good morning Vicky. Paddie's Day isn't much celebrated in my part of Australia. It was Election Day and the results are coming in now - they have been a surprise, too! The next few years are going to be interesting to say the least.

Ishtar was working on one of the polling stations, just from close until they had finished counting the votes (all votes here are on paper, no voting machines or mechanical tallies, paper votes counted by hand by actual people and checked by others to confirm). A one-day job but it will get her some 'play money' to enjoy.

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:26 AM
3 moms liked this
Hello Vicky!! We are headed to the rink =)
I have my lucky socks on they are black and green with gold,green horseshoe LOL I don't match but oh well
Have a good day
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Good Morning Vicky & Ladies!

We are supposed to go dress shopping for our daughter's junior prom.  I will not be doing anything special for St. Patrick's Day.  Looking forward to watching basketball today.  Go Villanova!

tvschiulaz
by Vicky on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning Manth.  Is this for the prime minister position? Are your candidates as volatile as ours were?  Will it be as big an upset as Trump here in the US?  I do enjoy political discussions, can't you tell? LOL  Kudos to Ishtar for some play money; it is always a good thing to have.  Have a great evening....

Quoting Manth:

Good morning Vicky. Paddie's Day isn't much celebrated in my part of Australia. It was Election Day and the results are coming in now - they have been a surprise, too! The next few years are going to be interesting to say the least.

Ishtar was working on one of the polling stations, just from close until they had finished counting the votes (all votes here are on paper, no voting machines or mechanical tallies, paper votes counted by hand by actual people and checked by others to confirm). A one-day job but it will get her some 'play money' to enjoy.

tvschiulaz
by Vicky on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi Wendy - tell Ciara to have a good and lucky skate today!  Happy St. Patrick's Day.....Enjoy!

Quoting wenuck: Hello Vicky!! We are headed to the rink =) I have my lucky socks on they are black and green with gold,green horseshoe LOL I don't match but oh well Have a good day

tvschiulaz
by Vicky on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Nina - dress shopping is so much fun; I'd rather be doing that than getting an x-ray for my old bones.  I hope you have a great day!

Quoting ninamsi:

We are supposed to go dress shopping for our daughter's junior prom.  I will not be doing anything special for St. Patrick's Day.  Looking forward to watching basketball today.  Go Villanova!

Manth
by Manth on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:41 AM
3 moms liked this

State election, so State Premier (state governer) rather than Prime Minister. We've had one party in power for the last 4 election cycles (16 years) and the 'other side' seems to have won this time. So it will be interesting, as they have very different ideas and the new party in power is more closely tied to the party in power at a Federal level.

All the pre-poll stuff suggested that a new, independant party with a very popular leader might have the 'balance of power' but while their candidates made a strong showing (many of them in second place in their electorates), it doesn't look like any of them actually got in as representatives. In the upper house, it's looking better and there will probably be one or two of them there (last tally I saw, they had over 3 'quotas' so likely three out of the eleven places being voted for). 

I'm hoping the Dignity Party (Disability rights campaigners) get in on the upper house. Their primary candidate was elected at age 21 and has put in 8 very good years as a member of parliament - she made some real changes to laws regarding disabled access in the state. I would like to see her continuing her work.

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good morning Manth.  Is this for the prime minister position? Are your candidates as volatile as ours were?  Will it be as big an upset as Trump here in the US?  I do enjoy political discussions, can't you tell? LOL  Kudos to Ishtar for some play money; it is always a good thing to have.  Have a great evening....

Quoting Manth:

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Good morning and good luck with your appointment. Your weather is definitely too cold to enjoy a parade.

I need to get moving because we are taking our hazardous household chemicals to a local cleanup event and then finally going to meet the woman who wants our roosters. Then I have a bit of work at home getting started on loading the third dumpster. Tonight we have game night with friends. Never a dull moment here.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this
UVA didn't come to play last night.
We're going with Duke today.

Quoting ninamsi:

chicken13
by Silver sister on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
We’ve been so busy during the week that I keep ending up at Saturday morning with no clue. Lol. So I’m sipping my coffee and doing some laundry while I figure out what needs to get done in the list. (It’s a long ass list).

Hope everyone has a great day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)