Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boring...

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:10 PM
  • 36 Replies
  • 439 Total Views
4 moms liked this
I’m such a boring person! Very much a creature of habit. After work I do the same things, sitting here with my pets watching tv, daughter is doing homework in her room. I guess I’m just getting OLD!!
by on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lb128f
by Linda on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi and Welcome to 40ish! Glad to have you here! I'm Linda. Now you have something to do...we are here all the time! ;-) Seriously, I think most of us with children do the same thing as you during the week. 

Do you ever go out on the weekend? Have you thought about taking some classes at a local recreation center? What kind of things do you like to do?

Crowlandtx
by Sister on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
The weekends are usually pretty busy, between my daughters activities and housework. I’m basically a homebody (usually with my daughter and/or friends). We have 2 dogs and 3 cats. When my husband passed I had a hard time so lots of stuff was put off (plus I was dealing with some health issues of my own). We are finally getting stuff done- he’s been gone almost 2 years.
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Very few people lead exciting lives. You are not old. Feel free to spend time with us as we go about our ordinary day.
ihave1
by Mariyum on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds good to me.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:39 PM
I do the same thing during the week but never feel bored or think I'm old.
Do you have hobbies or something you're interested in learning?
Lb128f
by Linda on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I don't think it's unusual for things to slow down after losing your spouse or as in your case of having medical concerns going on.

BTW: We have several ladies in this group who have lost their husbands and I'm sure they can understand the associated changes in someone's life afterwards.

It sounds like your Daughter does keep you busy! ;-) But, what about you? What kind of things do you like to do? Or would you like to do? Some here do things that are physical...like skating, running or biking. Some like to go to play pool (billiards), bowl or golf. There are others who do things like knit, decorate (homes, floral) and others who enjoying volunteering their time in schools or other places. 

I was asking about a local recreation center because they often have classes in different things...like crafts or ceramics, dancing, etc...where you can meet friends and have fun.

I do think it's important to find some things that you like to do, just for you...you know?

Quoting Crowlandtx: The weekends are usually pretty busy, between my daughters activities and housework. I’m basically a homebody (usually with my daughter and/or friends). We have 2 dogs and 3 cats. When my husband passed I had a hard time so lots of stuff was put off (plus I was dealing with some health issues of my own). We are finally getting stuff done- he’s been gone almost 2 years.

Crowlandtx
by Sister on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really. I stay pretty busy with work, family and friends. Plus our animals keep us pretty busy. We’ve been fixing the house up a little at a time. We just got storm doors and changing up the bedrooms some. I’ve always been “go go go”- but I had 4 major surgeries last year and just haven’t gotten my energy level back up.
RaeMarie
by RaeMarie on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:55 PM

A rut can be very very comforting. I would love to have a boring life for even just 1 day! LOL

Crowlandtx
by Sister on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:56 PM
Thank you. We were married for 22 years, the last 9 years he was ill with a rare disease. I work part time (as a elderly caregiver). I actually enjoy being with my daughter- she’s a wonderful and helpful young lady & I would be lost without her. Besides her, I have some great friends with whom I spend time. I just finished fixing up my bedroom.

Quoting Lb128f:

I'm sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I don't think it's unusual for things to slow down after losing your spouse or as in your case of having medical concerns going on.

BTW: We have several ladies in this group who have lost their husbands and I'm sure they can understand the associated changes in someone's life afterwards.

It sounds like your Daughter does keep you busy! ;-) But, what about you? What kind of things do you like to do? Or would you like to do? Some here do things that are physical...like skating, running or biking. Some like to go to play pool (billiards), bowl or golf. There are others who do things like knit, decorate (homes, floral) and others who enjoying volunteering their time in schools or other places. 

I was asking about a local recreation center because they often have classes in different things...like crafts or ceramics, dancing, etc...where you can meet friends and have fun.

I do think it's important to find some things that you like to do, just for you...you know?

Quoting Crowlandtx: The weekends are usually pretty busy, between my daughters activities and housework. I’m basically a homebody (usually with my daughter and/or friends). We have 2 dogs and 3 cats. When my husband passed I had a hard time so lots of stuff was put off (plus I was dealing with some health issues of my own). We are finally getting stuff done- he’s been gone almost 2 years.

Lb128f
by Linda on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, it sounds very busy at your house! ;-) And, 4 major surgeries...it's okay that you are relaxing some. I bet your Doc's want you to! I'm glad you are okay now (I hope you are) and that you don't have to get anymore surgeries.

Maybe doing something pretty "chill" would be a good idea...like knitting, sewing, playing online games or something not too stressful! ;-) 

BTW: if you will click on the "Quote" button under the comment you want to respond to it will open an area to reply (like I've done on your comments)...the good thing about that is that it let's the person know you have responded by putting a red mark next to "Activity" (above on right...in black line area near top of page). Then that person can respond back! ;-)

Quoting Crowlandtx: Not really. I stay pretty busy with work, family and friends. Plus our animals keep us pretty busy. We’ve been fixing the house up a little at a time. We just got storm doors and changing up the bedrooms some. I’ve always been “go go go”- but I had 4 major surgeries last year and just haven’t gotten my energy level back up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)