Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband and diagnoses

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 186 Total Views

Hello, my husband has been diagnosed with cancer. On December 14 they are going to perform surgery to remove a few tumors to determine if it is Hodgkins or non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I'm so terrified for him. Our daughter is only 2 years old.. He's terrified to tell his parents and alternates between sleeping alot or not sleeping at all.. And on top of all of the (not so normal) stress that comes with this, the doctor visits over the past month have added to 200 dollars which is hurting us with money and him not being able to work when he has to get to an appointment. I completely understand, now, how people can end up losing their houses and cars when they have health problems. i'm so scared.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momof6nokc
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I'm sorry.  It must be very scary in your shoes right now.  I suggest telling your family so you can get some much needed emotional support.  Best of luck and please update us on the 14th!

Kathy

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

*Thomas Jefferson*

patricenelson
by Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 7:59 AM

My thought and prayers with you and your family.

j_cutshaw53008
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Im so sorry to hear about what your family is going through. My husband was diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphooma on Feb 28 2009 and passed away nov. 1 2009. my prayers are with you and your family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)