• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband passed away on nov. 1 2009

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 432 Total Views

After battleing non hodgkins lymphoma for 9 months my husband passed away on nov.1,2009.  He was only 30 years old. It happened so quickly. Just the week before the Dr.s were talking about releasing him from the hospital. I got the call around 7 am that morning saying that  Chris had taken a turn for the worse and that they didnt expect him tomake it through the next 24 hrs. and to get to the hospital with the children asap. We got there and after fighting with the front desk and eventually sneeking the kids in through another entrance we got to see him in ICU. After seeing all of the kids  one last time he let go. The Drs tried to revive him and tried to put in a breathing tube and chest tube but they couldnt get them in place. The Drs thenasked me if I wanted them to continue to revive him.I said no. It was the hardest decision I ever had to make. They allowed me to sit with him while he took his last 3 breaths. Ill never forget that 3 breaths thats all he had left in him. We laid him to rest on Nov.9 2009. I still cant believe that hes gone. I still wake up in the middle of the night  expecting him to be there.   Love you honey. RIP

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
racergirl7
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:24 PM

huggingoh mama i am so sorry!  there are never the right words for something like this, but you and your kids are in my prayers! 

artC1s
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:43 PM

You are so brave, I am sorry to hear you are going through this loss. I can't begin to understand, but I will keep you in my thoughts. Stay strong.

mattsmom2005
by Member on Dec. 16, 2009 at 3:30 PM

you and your family are in our thoughts & prayers.

Karen
CallieLynsMommy
by Admin & Fighter on Dec. 16, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi
rjpetty605
by on Mar. 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I am sorry to hear that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)