Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new tattoos. mine & hubbys.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:52 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 300 Total Views

so a few weeks ago, i decided, i was getting a tattoo, two tattoos actually. one symbolizing the support of the awareness of brain cancer.. the cute little gray ribbon. and a zipper because that's my humor. well, i got the zipper last night, and dh got his ribbon. so here are the pictures.

butt of the zipper where it stops.

and the tab.

so it might sound really strange to say.. but think about it.. when there is staples running across that scar, it looks like the teeth on a zipper. so god forbid they have to go in again and do anything, replace the wafers, resect anything, they're going to have to put staples in again. it may just be me trying to make light of the situation, but this will be awesome. mom isn't so fond of it. but, i love it. this is me trying to deal with a scar that's ugly. and i'm fully aware that my hair will grow over this, so it's really just for comic relief in another bad situation. :/  ribbon is going on my middle finger. f@#% cancer. so to speak. so there it is. my dh's is cute and mine i'm sure will get looks of disapproval from old people at the oncology offices for weeks to come. i'm sort of stoked to hear what my neurosurgeon says about it. lol.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Amaranth361
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Good for you. I like them!

braysmomma30104
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I LOVE both of yalls tattoos! I'm going to get a grey ribbon as well, alot of the guys in the MC we're in tried to get me to get a tattoo of a zipper all the way across my scar on my head! lol I love your zipper tat though, its super cute! I wasn't about to get anything on my head lol. It feels crazy just when you touch the right side of my head now from where they cut through nerves. haha I'd probably go crazy.

This is my head, staples deffinitely look like a zipper!

brain cancer awareness Pictures, Images and Photos   Breast Cancer Pictures, Images and Photos  Lung Cancer Awareness Pictures, Images and Photos  Childhood Cancer Awareness Pictures, Images and Photos

mommyof1fornow
by Member on Aug. 10, 2010 at 8:18 AM

the only reason i wont go all the way across is because if they have to go back in, theyll go along the same scar.. and they wont care if it meets up again.. so, yeah, being picky me. not happening. AND! tattooing over scars hurts.

mommyof1fornow
by Member on Aug. 10, 2010 at 8:20 AM

i actually started laughing when they did the tattoo. because the nerves are still severed. the artist was like.. this is strange.. i dont think you should be laughing.. but ok, as long as youre not screaming i think we're alright. :]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)