Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thyroid Cancer

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

I just found out today that my step mom has thyroid cancer. She is going to have surgery to remove her thyroid, I just don't know when. The dr said that it hasn't spread but, of course, there is always a chance of it coming back. She hasn't been feeling well for awhile now and this is why. I was in more shock then anything when my Dad told me (over a skype message) so it didn't really sink in & then when I stopped by Mark's job to tell him, it was starting to sink and then I started crying. I hate that I cannot be around them right now. My step sister doesn't know yet and I wish I could be there for her when she finds out. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about it. I've had family that has had cancer and died from it, but I either younger or wasn't that close with them. This was not something that I was expecting at all!

~Momma to Mark, Dominic, Bailea, & Coleman~

family in the van

http://www.mommieventures.wordpress.com/

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Amaranth361
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM

*hugs* Im sorry your family is going through this.

I have a good friend who went through it(she's in her late 20's) and had her thyroid removed and came out ok. She's done very well and in remission and all that good stuff and I wish your stepmom the same outcome!

trelmix
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:15 PM

So glad that your friend came out great in the end! Thanks-me too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)