Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hubby has the big c

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

been away form cafe-mom for  a long time and a friend convinced me to come back and this group would have been helpful in the beginning. hubby found a lump on his testicle back in may had it removed back in June and will be doing his last round of chemo next week ..his test are all showing that its gone :) but one never fully knows till the end right. his chemo symptoms have been minimal he only is out of work during the week of his treatments he did get a picc line in and that has help out alot with him getting his chemo. he are sure he will beat this but our only fear now is that we wont be able to have any more children we were unable to freeze sperm before treatments started but there is hope we have talked to a few that it did come back after treatments were over with. thank you for listenting to me :) 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nature_girl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I just had a friend that had cancer 10 years ago, had a testical removed and is 41 just concieve his first child (first one he tried for too). So there is hope of more kids.

How many do you have now?

How have you been doing with your DH's illness?

I am glad it is almost over for you. I hope it stays gone forever! HUGS

KelliansMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:11 PM

we have one child now he is about to be two ..im okay it was head for the first few days but once his treatment started and it actually wasnt as bad as everyone told him it would be it got easier..i realized though that there is not a lot of awareness out there about testicular cancer but it affects just as many men as breast cancer does with women. my husband is just ready for it all to be over with he hardly got sick before all this so not feeling good is something new to him. but he also so stubburn and even on a bad day he would go to work just to feel useful

Nature_girl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:28 PM

he sounds like me. LOL. I am still working, even on my bad days. It is like I refuse to let it control all of my life, I do feel like crap a lot more now though. I am almost done with my treatments also. YAY>

I am glad you are both doing well.

Good luck with the kids! Remember that practice makes perfect. LOL

CallieLynsMommy
by Admin & Fighter on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I'm so glad that your hubby is doing great! What a trooper! I wish I could have kept working, but I had patient chemotherapy for 12 days a month, my WBC count was never high enough to go out of the house the other half of the month, lol.

Don't give up hope on having children. I too may not be able to have more kids due to the toxicity of my chemo drugs (they told me there was a +90% chance of becoming infertile afterwards) but i still have hope! Talk with doctors, find out your options.

How are the kids handling everything?

I'm glad to see that you are doing well too (from your previous reply). Just hang in there!!! You guys are in my thoughts!

KelliansMom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:11 AM
Husband chemo is five days in a row with two weeks off. He also had to get a shot to boost he t cells after each round. Our son is under two so he really hasn't noticed much just that dad has been home slot longer te usual. Before this he was gone for two to three months at atone for work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meffy
by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Sorry to hear someone else has cancer. I am a 4 year lyphoma survivor myself. That one is very deadly cancer good thing I got it when I was 43 & GOD & I THE DOCTORS & NURSE HAD A CHANCE FOR VICTORY!!! I HOPE YOU GUYS STAY IN VICTORY FOR THE REST OF HIS LONG LIFE!!!!  I go to my local AMERCIAN CANCER SOCIETY MEETING MYSELF, I had to go after I beat the cancer was in hospital & nursing home during the battle!!! IT IS GREAT TO BE ALIVE AFTER CANCER & YOU & YOUR HUBBY WILL NEVER TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED EVER AGAIN!!!! MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU STAY POSSITIVE & HOPEFULLY EVEN WHEN THINGS LOOK REALLY BAD!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)