Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:35 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 181 Total Views

Hi! I am Linda and I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer a year ago May 31st...it has been a rough rocky year but I am still here to complain! Ha! And hope & dream. Your group looked friendly, supportive, and all around interesting--thank you for letting me join!!

Linda

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
meffy
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Sometimes no one write back here but do not lose your hope & faith that things will get better. I myself believe in God & Jesus and that really help melive & last and be 5 years cancer free this summer & I am having a party to celebrate this milestone. I had a really tough time of it but I will say that in 2006 3+ times when I had a very long hospital inpatient ICU stay they thought I was dying 3+ times.  4 years after that I was driving , working out walking again climbing stairs and 1 year after that finally able to kneel again. When we become friends I can give you some details about my battle but before Feb 22 2006 wasblurry because I was in a medical ac comma and after I can out just was not that mentally with it right away. I never felt sorry for myself I just stay positive & it really helped. i hated to complain so I just stated facts about myself and then shut up. I found favor because I was so positive with the nurses & helpers at the nursing home rehab. I had a hard  time but even cancer can be a blessing or have good come out of evil. Two good things happened because of my cancer the Jr women club of West Deptford NJ can my hubby & I $7,500 worth of Gift cert. now that is a whole lot of bake sales candy gram etc.My parents gave us a down payment on my house it is 30 years old & needs a few repairs but very nice place to live near a school also. Love Meffy Mary Ellen Tohidi

Angellinda
by Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Sending my sincere care. Cancer is hard. I know you know this!! But you sound strong. Strong willed, determined and all. That's important. Sending my well wishes for your healing and full recovery. Cancer isn't Fun. I live in pain from head to toe. But I'm still here too. DH lost his job & our insurance 2 1/2 years ago.. Times are so tough.. But  for some reason I'm still walking Dead.. Fighting for our Cure!!

LindaBRooks
by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Thanks, Meffy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)