Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My moms cancer....

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 142 Total Views

My mom was diagnosed with Rectal Cancer the week of Christmas 2008. Diagnosed with Breast Cancer May of 2009. Her removal surgeries were successful, but She was re-diagnosed with Rectal cancer that broke through the vaginal wall the week before Christmas 2009. Chemo, Radiation, multiple surgeries later she was cancer free....for a few months again...then  The week before Christmas in 2010 she was re diagnosed with Rectal cancer.  And same thing again Christmas week of 2011. She has her anus and Vagina sewn shut, they removed her rectum, all her lady parts and her bladder she has a pee and poop bag. She has been fighting a UTI for four months now...she isn't getting any better. she was just put in the hospital again for it. It's not going away...meanwhile they are not even treating the cancer she has....I feel like her body is giving out and she will soon pass...I'm not sure just an opinion, but I love my mom with all my heart and the thought of loosing her bring a mix of happiness because she will no longer be suffering here and will be with Jesus, and Extreme sadness because my mom is so very important to me. She lives over 600 miles from me, so I don't get to see her much. Only about once a year if we are lucky. I don't know what to think or do at this point in time. :( But that's pretty much my story. Also my Grandmother and Aunt are Breast Cancer Survivors. They both had a double mastectomy.

I don't want my mother do die...but I often Pray that the Lord take her in her sleep so that she may lay down weary and tired and wake up with our heavenly father refreshed, whole and in no pain. For long time I've felt aweful for praying this,  but seeing her in her current....positon....I almost think it would be better. My little brother (17) lives at home with my mom and his dad (my step dad) he is the only child left in the house...he is mentaly screwed because of all of this. Watching our mom for four years decline. There is nothing I can do from Iowa....Tennessee is too far away to go every time she gets sick, or is in the hospital, or needs help. I'm super sad about how all this is turning out. She's had cancer 5 times now. I cannot help but feel this is it. This infection and the cancer they are not treating for some reason no one is telling me is going to kill her this time.  :( Anyone got any expierence with this or any advice?

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ginene
by Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM
I'm sorry you and your mom are going through this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boom_maker
by Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 6:33 PM
I'm so sorry your family is going through all that =( I really have no advice other than make sure she knows you love her. Call and write her often.
My mom has stage 4 ovarian cancer and I moved her in with us. I don't know what's going to happen with all of this but I'm just taking it 1 day at a time. She's been so sick and finally started feeling better. She had another round of chemo and I can see her declining again.
I wish you and your family peace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noe06
by Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom...peace be with you and your family...just be there for her :)

crazylady0506
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Thank you, But it's hard to do when she is 600 miles away and doesn't fill me in on when she is sick or how she is actually doning. Im not a child, and I don't like in a land of magical pixie horses and ranbow glitter, I can freaking handle the truth. :( I love my mom, but it's just very hard to be there for her. I am when she lets me and I pray for her all the time.

Quoting noe06:

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom...peace be with you and your family...just be there for her :)

boom_maker
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM

does anyone go with her to her appts that can relay info to you? it would drive me nuts not knowing exactly what's going on. i guess it is her choice to not share it though. maybe she feels like she's protecting you?

Quoting crazylady0506:

Thank you, But it's hard to do when she is 600 miles away and doesn't fill me in on when she is sick or how she is actually doning. Im not a child, and I don't like in a land of magical pixie horses and ranbow glitter, I can freaking handle the truth. :( I love my mom, but it's just very hard to be there for her. I am when she lets me and I pray for her all the time.

Quoting noe06:

crazylady0506
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Usually it's my stepdad or some ladies from the church that go with her, but no one will talk. I know the is trying to protect me, but I'm 25 not 3. I don't need lies an half truths....I just need my mom to be honest with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)