Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New with questions

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

Hi,

I am new to the group. DH has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and begins chemo on Monday. as far as I know they have not given us a stage but his H levels (?) are 1100. I guess I am wondering if anyone can help me with a list of questions I should be asking the doctors. Also advise on how to prepare an alomst 5 yo. She only knows that daddy is really sick and the new medicine called Chemo might make him throw up and lose his hair.

Thanks,

michele

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ginene
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:45 AM
Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure but I would ask what's to be expected from the chemo and the risks associated. Also maybe ask if there ate any foods that he shouldn't eat.

I pray everything works out and he gets a miracle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeffd95c
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM
How is your husband?
2-point-doe
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:39 PM

He has been going through chemo, they did finally stage him at stage 4. The past to weeks his legs and feet have been so swollen with an infection they couldn't control that he had a blood transfusion yesterday. He can barely walk anymore and is just kind of wasting away.

It is all finally catching up to dd and last night she said she needed to go to the hopsital because her teeth were no longer sharp and she can't eat. She also said she couldn't sit with daddy and hear a story because he has cancer. We have explained that she can't catch it and that there are some foods he can't eat but she still can.

Quoting wifeffd95c:

How is your husband?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)