Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new here and feeling overwhelmed

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 501 Total Views
Hi. I guess the best thing to do first is introduce myself. I'm 29 years old (30 in August), have been married to my best friend for going on 5 years, and have a wonderful 17 month old little boy, and we recently added a now 3 week old little girl to the family. I have a genetic disease called garners syndrome which is a screw up on the protein stand of my DNA which causes multiple growths (bone overgrowth, cysts, polyps, tumors, etc). Well, the cysts and polyps will eventually change from pre cancerous to cancerous, so it was always just a matter of when. Well, when they did my c-section, they saw polyps on the outside of the uterine wall, the abdominal wall, and the intestinal wall. The Dr decided to biopsy them and the results came back all cancer. This Thursday I had a CT scan done and they found cancer in my liver and that it has also spread to my lungs. I have a colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled for this Tuesday to see if they can find where it started. They said best case, it started i'm my colon. If that is the case they said I'd be on chemo the rest if my life and that the average span for those cancers is about 2 years, maybe up to 5 if my body really reacts well to treatment and I'm lucky. If it started in the stomach or somewhere else, that time would be shorter. Because of my genetic disease I cannot get a liver transplant since my body would just cover it in polyps again. They said because of this fact, there was no was I would make it into remission.
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alymck04
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Oh I am sooooo sorry.

I really wish I could say more that would help. Would it be ok if I prayed for you and your family?

If you want someone to talk to please email me anytime... mckaly04@live.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnimeMom228
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I would greatly appreciate it if you did pray for my family and I.  :) 

Quoting alymck04:

Oh I am sooooo sorry.

I really wish I could say more that would help. Would it be ok if I prayed for you and your family?

If you want someone to talk to please email me anytime... mckaly04@live.com

alymck04
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Ok. Done!

AnimeMom228
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:45 AM
Quoting alymck04:

Ok. Done!

Thank you. Its funny how even if you aren't religious originally, the fear of death makes prayers and talking to God very comforting.
6KRAZYKIDZ
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM

My family and I will also pray for your family, for healing and peace. Im so sorry you are going through this. Its just not fair.

God Bless you with gentle treatments and loving support.

Linda Bucca and family

Ctink8189
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM
I am so sorry to hear this :( i will also keep you in my prayers.
boom_maker
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:32 AM

i just wanted to say, i wish you and your family the best. i hope your prognosis is better than they have said. have any of the other scan results come back yet?

AnimeMom228
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Thanks.  I greatly appreciate that.  They have done some more scans.  Thus far, they know it is colon cancer that has spread to the liver, then to the lungs.  With how far it has spread, there is so much that they said even if they eradicate it to the point where it can't be seen, they wouldn't be able to destroy it all.

Quoting boom_maker:

i just wanted to say, i wish you and your family the best. i hope your prognosis is better than they have said. have any of the other scan results come back yet?

boom_maker
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM
i wish i could give you the biggest hug ever. my aunt was just diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer and has had chemo, surgery and is now getting the next round of chemo.

they this it may have spread to her lungs but they are not sure yet and won't biopsy it. she's actually doing really well despite everything. she is one of the strongest women i know and i respect her even more for what she's going through.

she has a 16yr old son and refuses to give up. we are all behind her and i know it helps her to have the support. they told her no matter what, it will return, just a matter of time. we are all hoping it's later and not sooner.

Quoting AnimeMom228:

Thanks.  I greatly appreciate that.  They have done some more scans.  Thus far, they know it is colon cancer that has spread to the liver, then to the lungs.  With how far it has spread, there is so much that they said even if they eradicate it to the point where it can't be seen, they wouldn't be able to destroy it all.

Quoting boom_maker:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dianne1259
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  I will pray for the miracle you need and the one we can't get.  Your precious daughter needs you and so does your husband, you are so young, hopefully that will be a plus on your side.  Hang in there!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)