Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Letter to my daughter

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 196 Total Views

I would like to get DH to write something for our daughter along the lines of hopes and dreams that he has for her future etc. With my full time job, caring for him, his doctor appointments and having an alost 5 yo i just don't seem to be able to come up with a list of questions for him to think about or answer to get him started. Does anybody have any ideas? I would really like her to have something when she gets older.

Thanks and prayers to all.

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Dianne1259
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Well, he's her daddy, so as she grows up he will want her to know how he expects a young man to treat her with respect and to love her.   He may want to remind her how much he loves you and how much you both mean to him.  To tell her that he loves her and he will always be watching over her as she grows up, that even if she can't see him, that he will always be there.    Have him tell her about the dreams he has for her, and the feelings he had when he found out he was going to be a daddy, and how he felt when she was born and the things he wishes he would be there for like graduation, first date, watching her grow up and becoming the beautiful young woman he knows she will be.   

Those are just some of the things I can think of, I am sure your DH will b able to think of others as he starts to write. 

Lwilliams83
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM
As far as ideas, I get overwhelmed because there are so many things. I'm 29 years old and my mom is suffering from cancer. And I feel like a child. More than anything, I just want to be reminded of how proud she is of who I am and how much she will always love me. I requested that she record herself saying ” I love you” to me. I can't bare the thought of going through the rest of my life without hearing her say those words. And a recorder is also much easier than writing is for her anymore. But I agree, once he starts writing, the thoughts will start flowing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)