Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Basal Cell carcinoma

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 174 Total Views

Hello ladies. Well, in september i had i biopsy done and it came back positive for basal cell carcinoma.  Very blessed it was just that. Well, i had the procedure done early October and afterward recieved a letter saying they removed all cancer cells from the area.  Well, my scar area has recently developed a bump on it.  I dont remember the bump being there (the scar is right below my right eye) and I am paranoid that it could be another cancerous bump.  But it could just be part of the scar?  Do you think i should call the dermetoligist again to get it checked out? 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kerryket
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 5:34 AM
One of mine that was removed with MOHS seems to have new growth, go back to your dermatologist and get it looked at.
mrsnoble2004
by Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Did they do a PET scan to make sure they got it all or did they just assume they got it all?

angie944
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM

They did another biopsy after the procedure and said they took out all the cancer cells... i had my 6 month checkup and all is well, i just have to keep going in once a year for checkups! =) 

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Did they do a PET scan to make sure they got it all or did they just assume they got it all?

mrsnoble2004
by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM

That's great! 

Quoting angie944:

They did another biopsy after the procedure and said they took out all the cancer cells... i had my 6 month checkup and all is well, i just have to keep going in once a year for checkups! =) 

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)