Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with any kind of reproductive cancer... Tmi

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 137 Total Views

So my great grandma died of cervical cancer and my grandma had breast cancer and my mom is being tested for cancer as well. Well i'll start off with over 3mo ago certain things i would normally eat or drink started tasting funny and my periods went from being exactly 28 days to either being late or early. I would start and it would be light then the next day it would be heavy and the next day it would be gone the day after it would come back either light or heavy then quit. Ive been getting random stomach pains and leg pain that would feel like i had worked out really hard when i haven't. Well 2 weeks ago i started getting a really strong stabbing pain in my left pelvic area and the pain will shoot down into my left inner thigh and into the left side of my vagina. I have tons of discharge all the time and sometimes it's tinged with blood.My stomach gets really bloated but more so when i eat. I had an ultra sound yesterday and i haven't gotten the results back yet but while the lady was doing the ultra sound she told me i have fluid around my uterus and she had a hard time finding my left ovary. And after she did the outer ultra sound she asked me to empty my bladder and when i came back and she started doing the inner ultra sound she asked if i went pee i said yes and she said my bladder was still full. Does any of this sound like i could have any type of cancer?

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
skarlet
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:51 PM

The bladder being full thing happened to me when I was having an internal ultrasound when I was pregnant with my third child. She had me pee three times. The last time she advised me to lean forward on the toilet while I was going to ensure it was empty. I think some people just don't empty their bladder everytime they go...so I don't think that part of the exam was alarming. The pain may be of some concern. I had a couple of cycts that caused symptoms like that but nothing that was cancer. Many things can cause periods to become irregular as well...stress especially. I hope that your results come back normal.

x_Starr_x
by Owner & Fighter on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM
i have CC anything is possible it can be cancer or a cyst the tests should confirm. when was your last pap what we're the results.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SeanandNoahsmom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM

There are too many things it may be tp speculate without any tests. What did the ultrasound show? And your last pap smear? I will be cervical cancer free 5 years this month.

lilmommy10805
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I had cervical cancer in 2007 been clear since then. I did find a breat lump the beginning of the month so will be having that removed and biopsied soon but looks to be a benign tumor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)