Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi everyone - updated 2/3

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 121 Total Views

My name is Lisa and my oldest daughter has been fighting brain cancer for 10 years. She has had a total of 4 brain surgeries, 30 radiation treatments, and has been on chemo three separate times. She is currently considered "stable".

My mom was just diagnosed with Lymphoma, we find out what type and which treatments she will be receiving on Wednesday.

update - Things have been a whirlwind of activity her lately. My mom's official dx has come back, she has Small Cell Lymphocytic Lymphoma and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. We have taken her to 6 doctor appointments so far. She has also had the usual numerous blood tests and a bone marrow biopsy since I last  posted. She starts Chemo on Monday and will be getting a port put in on Wednesday. The schedule for this month between her and my oldest DD's oncology appointments are going to be pretty crazy but hopefully things will slow down after this month.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
FebPenguins
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I am so sorry that you are struggling with TWO different kinds of cancer. praying

Lovemyshadows
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I'm sorry you have 2 family members with cancer.  Your life must be upside down.  I'm sending prayers your way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN