Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been a month

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 99 Total Views
So my daddy has been gone for a month.
I miss him very much, an still am waiting for him to call me and say "hey, what's up..how are my grand babies".. But that call isn't going to come.
I am still grieving and feel okay some days and others I miss him dearly. But it's going to be okay in the long run cause he isn't sick no more
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lwilliams83
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM
My mom passed away on December 9th. I pretty much feel the same way you described. I feel like she isn't gone and any day she will come back. She was my absolute best friend. When it does hit me that she is gone, it's so hard to handle. But for the most part, on most days, I'm okay because I know she isn't having to endure the torture of cancer anymore.
dallascowboys82
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:21 PM
My dad had cancer an it just ate away at his body. I really didn't get a chance to say good bye and that's so hard on me. I spoke to him at 8:30 at night, he was gone at 4am the next day. I was due to see him that saturday, cause I live 12 hours and didn't get my money till Friday and passed Friday. They said he wouldn't make it much longer, I just didn't think he would nose dive as quickly as he did.
But he went in his sleep, the nurse held his hand as he drifted away so it helps knowing he wasn't alone. That was his biggest fear..he would be alone when he went.
I spoke to the nurses who cared for him and personally thanked everyone of them. He had a great team taking care of him.

Quoting Lwilliams83:

My mom passed away on December 9th. I pretty much feel the same way you described. I feel like she isn't gone and any day she will come back. She was my absolute best friend. When it does hit me that she is gone, it's so hard to handle. But for the most part, on most days, I'm okay because I know she isn't having to endure the torture of cancer anymore.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)