Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone, I have started three groups so far but none of them are as important to me as this one. I am a Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma survivor of ten years now. I was diagnosed RIGHT before I graduated High School back in 1996 and was graced with a quick session of chemotherapy and survival. I didn't want to make this group specific to survivors, as I feel all cancer fighters at all levels can benefit from everyones experience regardless of their current status.

Although it has been ten years since my battle it is still very raw for me to talk about. Even now as I type I am getting all teary!

Now as a mother I fear the repercussions of my choice of giving birth to my beautiful little lady. I had to battle with the idea of not being able to have kids (as I was told by doctors in the past) due to chemo. So when my body was host to a little spirit I was astonished and troubled. Obviously I made my decision. One that to this day I still have mixed feelings about.

Anyway! I don't want to blow my proverbial "wad" here so with that, welcome, I love you although I don't know you and I hope this group can help alleviate your anxiety and elevate your spirit.

by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 7:25 PM
Replies (481-485):
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Thank you for starting this group.  I need to get out here more.  Here is my story.  I am Leesa  37 now 35 when I was diagnosed with the cancer.  It was all ready a stage 4 cancer of the voice box.  No ones How I ended up having voice box cancer.   all docs agree though that it is amazing I am alive and a miracle I can talk.  I credit Huntsman cancer institute for a lot of my sucess 8 weeks of high doses radiation with cisplation chemo therapy.

by New Member on Apr. 19, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Hi everyone, I am not sure if I have introduced myself here.. My name is Anita, and I have seen an ENT a couple of weeks ago thinking I had oral cancer, she ran a scope in my nose and said she did not think it was cancer, but that is all she did. She did no other testing, nor a biopsy.. I still have the white lines inside of my right cheek and now I have noticed knots in the back on my jaw line.. It has me thinking I was miss diagnosed by the ENT. Does anyone know anything about Oral cancer? Any help would be appreciated...  

by New Member on Sep. 11, 2016 at 11:49 PM

Hello! Is this group active? I was hoping I could find some support.

My autistic son, age 24, was diagnosed with testicular cancer, which spread to his lymph node three months after surgery. Now he needs chemo and I am in the depths of despair. I don't know how I am supposed to let them drip poison into my child's vein again and again and again for months and months. I mean, I know intellectually how I'm supposed to do it. I do it because it saves his life. But emotionally? I cannot cope.  I simply cannot. I'm wrecked.

by New Member on Sep. 21, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Hey everyone.  My fiance has been diagnosed wtih Stage 3 oral cancer.. Just 2 months ago.  The worse part about it is he has used any form of tobacco... He is one of the few... He is being treated with daily radiation for 6 weeks and 3 chemotherapy treatments 3 weeks apart.  This has taken a toll on him.  I am trying to be so strong.  The hardest part is we have been together only just over a year and engaged just over 4 months.  I worry... I want to cry.. but I want to be strong for him.  There are no support groups in my area that I can locate that are at night so I am basically stuck without support... Funny how you learn who your true friends are when something like this happens. 

Anyways, hi everyone.. Glad I found this group...

by New Member on Sep. 29, 2016 at 4:41 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a huge supporter of Childhood Cancer. My now 7 year old Anthony was dxed with leukemia at only 2 years old. It was extremely rough and not many people I was able to connect with except for my Facebook support group of amazing moms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN