Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone, I have started three groups so far but none of them are as important to me as this one. I am a Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma survivor of ten years now. I was diagnosed RIGHT before I graduated High School back in 1996 and was graced with a quick session of chemotherapy and survival. I didn't want to make this group specific to survivors, as I feel all cancer fighters at all levels can benefit from everyones experience regardless of their current status.

Although it has been ten years since my battle it is still very raw for me to talk about. Even now as I type I am getting all teary!

Now as a mother I fear the repercussions of my choice of giving birth to my beautiful little lady. I had to battle with the idea of not being able to have kids (as I was told by doctors in the past) due to chemo. So when my body was host to a little spirit I was astonished and troubled. Obviously I made my decision. One that to this day I still have mixed feelings about.

Anyway! I don't want to blow my proverbial "wad" here so with that, welcome, I love you although I don't know you and I hope this group can help alleviate your anxiety and elevate your spirit.

-Selene
by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 7:25 PM
Replies (461-463):
tpalvado
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Hello. My mother passed away of leukemia in 2006. Last year, my step mom was diagnosed with throat cancer. She had surgery and started getting better. A few months ago, she started getting sick again. She has lost a lot of weight and is very weak. My dad has to help her up and he takes care of her just as he did with my mother. They suggested he take her to a nursing home but he refused. She has an appt on the 21st to have testing done to find out exactly what the problem is. They are both afraid that the cancer spread to another part of her body. I am very worried about the results. My dad lost my mother almost 8 years ago and now he feels like he's about to go thru it all again. I am worried that if she does have cancer again, she will give up and lose the battle. It's just not fair for her or for anyone else to suffer like this. When does it all end??

patnic
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Hi, I'm Lisa.  I was dx with Adult Acute Myeloid Leukemia at the age of 44.  Three days past by birthday.  Just over 7 weeks ago.  I hate this.  And I hate that I might be leaving my two boys, ages 7 & 9.  Especially, my 7 year old.  He is sensitive like myself, unlike my husband.  My husband is also a pilot, so that means he works two weeks on, two weeks off.  Not sure what he is going to do if I pass.

Montanamom1981
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Hi, I'm Alisha and I have high risk Neuroblastoma.  I was first diagnosed in 2006, and then reoccured in 2012.   Now it won't go away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)