Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group...I need more understanding...PLEASE READ

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:48 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

Hello everyone, I am new.  My Uncle, whom is like a close brother, was diagnosed with End Stage cancer of liver, lungs.  I that spread to his bones, lymph-nodes.  It has wrapped around his spinal cord paralyzing him form mid stomach down, another tumor has eaten through his chest-bone and you now can see it through his skin.  He is talking about Angels and to his dead father.  I was wondering is this normal?  Is it near the end of his earth bound journey?  I know his doctor has told him 28 day to live, but how reliable is this timeline?

Thanks for the info

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ljp123
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM
Hello, first let me say how sorry I am about your uncle, my mom is near the end of her battle with colon cancer that spread to her liver & lungs. I have heard that people sometimes do start talking about seeing loved ones that have passed on or seeing angels. As hard as it is to lose our loved ones, hopefully we can take comfort in knowing that they are seeing angels. For me, watching my mom fight this ugly cancer but at the same time knowing that she is going to be with my sister who passed on in May is somewhat comforting, I know they will be watching out over me. I found a website that has some info, perhaps you may find it helpful. I know that Dr.'s only can guess...I can't tell you how many times they told us that my father inlaw wouldn't live through the night...even that he had 3-6 weeks....he lived 7 more months. My mom has surprised everyone...we thought the end was here for her the end of July...and here we are the end of August...I don't want to give any false hope...I am only saying that no one knows how long we have, not even the Dr's. My mom says that she will not leave this earth one single minute sooner than God has intended.
Again, I am sorry for what you and your family are going through, losing a loved one is hard. God Bless & Take Care! My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

http://www.commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/completingalife/audioon/tc/signs_death.html
Laurieanne42
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I have a friend Doreen, who's daughter was diagnosed with a very rare heart condition. She saw angels and talked to relatives that passed on OFTEN. :-) It sounds so similar to what your Uncle is doing. I agree, take comfort in knowing that they see angels and that they are peaceful Sweetie. It's so hard to watch our loved ones go through all of this. I've watched both of my grandparents contend with cancer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Mama. There is no one that can determine when our time here is done. There have been many many times when the doctors guesstimate only to be outdone by their patients. :-)

If you need to talk, I'm always here for you.

Laurie

mrslizstephen
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM

When my grandfather was dying from cancer he told my mom, his parents would visit him occasionally...usually not saying anything but he knew whenever they started stopping by the end was near!

My mom who also had cancer actually saw her father during chemo treatments (she had colon cancer)! She said it scared the crap out of her because she thought of what her father had said to her! But then was actually told by her cancer doctor that some people think that these types of drugs can bring you so close to death that some believe you can actually see some of the other side!

Now whatever the truth is (and only god really knows), as long as it brings peace and not fear...then its a wonderful thing! It may just help ease the process!!!! I wouldn't be afraid of it whenever he speaks of it!! Those angels might be helping him through the last few days!

I'm so sorry and I'll be praying for you guys!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)