Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jett Travolta had KD

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:34 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 319 Total Views

John Travolta's son dies of head injury or a seizure.(Not sure of the whole story ) But do you all remember when he was diagnosed with KD? I do. My son had it shortly after. And sometimes I feel they were the ones that brought the disease into the lime light. How sad for this family. If any of you get more info let me know. Thanks

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
2make4
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Ok, call me crazy... but I am now so very worried about my Sarah... Jett had KD?  I didn't know that until just a bit ago that I read it on some news page.  It freaked me out.  Ok, so I am already deeply, deeply saddened by Jett's early death, but to know that he once had KD, just scares me.  As I said on my post, Sarah's doctor told me that some of those children that are just dropping and dying on the school fields were probably KD babies, and never were diagnosed... I know I am not making any sense right now, but Oh My God, I am so frightened for my Sarah and other children that have had KD.  What if Jett's untimely death has something to do with KD... what if?  Did he ever get the IVIG?  I am confused about their medical beliefs.  I don't know...maybe it had nothing to do with it, but I am scared.  I don't know enough about this, I need to learn more.  This is a terrible desease and more awareness needs to done.

lisa9094
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 10:30 AM

The two may not even be connected. Please do not be scared. Cont. with your own care and lets wait and see what the autopsy says. Now, please do not get me wrong, this is very sad but this may lead to further research with KD. You see my son had it less then one year after this young man. They are close in age and have the same body types.  (Tall and big boned)But my son never had seizures. Very healthy and smart. All check ups are good. And that's one thing that is done yearly dr. check ups. Lets wait and see about the autopsy. My feeling is that this young man died of blunt force to head. Maybe do to a seizure but I truly do not think KD had anything to do with it. I personaly feel he had other issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)