Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new here - son gets helmet in a week

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:00 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 431 Total Views

My little Patrick got scanned for his helmet a week ago, so we have one more week until he gets his helmet. Patrick is 10 months old and has 14-15mm of asymmetry. did anyone have problems with rude comments from strangers? What other issues might I deal with? Any tips or advice?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kboney29
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I have not received any rude comments from people.  A lot of people look and I know they want to ask, but they don't.  Sometimes I offer up what it is and other times not.  Kids are also very curious about it, it's kind of cute.  It is also winter here so I think at first glance it looks like a winter hat.  I would simply take it day by day.  I don't love the helmet but it has simply become a part of life.  Yes she is much cuter without it, but I don't even notice it anymore.  The time will go a lot faster than you think if you just go day by day.  Good luck and look forward to a cute lil round head!

Mommy2JAJ
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:03 AM

My son had his helmet for 6 months from March-Sept. last year.  I had more problems with my in-laws than anything.  People will stare but that's to be expected.  The fist week we had to go to a wedding for my husband's cousin in Alabama.  My mother-in-law suggested I not put the helmet on him at the wedding, rehearsal or reception because it would take away from the wedding.  Who has the problem??  Anyway, my son got used to it in no time. Here's a picture of him in one of his helmets.  He had three total because the first one wasn't cut correct. That's Jackson with his Aunt. The one up top is him at 8 months old and in his second helmet.  The bottom one is him at 6 1/2 months old and in his 1st helmet. 

sallymoon
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I have a feeling my in-laws might be a problem.  They're already irritated that we didn't have Patrick christened or circumcised, and I'm sure they'll have ignorant comments about the helmet too.  I'm sure it would be worse had I picked out the purple helmet with butterflies on it!

Mommy2JAJ
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Yeah, they'll probably find something wrong with the helmet you picked anyway!  :)

Good Luck, you'll both be fine...and in a year you won't even remember this part of the helmet journey.  All you will know is that his little head is back to a normal shape and you'll still be thankful you did it!

sallymoon
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Patrick got his helmet, and he is tolerating it surprisingly well.

Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com
Mommy2JAJ
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2009 at 10:48 AM

His helmet is so cute!  Well, he is too~ :)  Congrats on doing this for your son!  It looks like it fits him well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)