Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's play tag!!!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 7:32 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 541 Total Views
Okay here's a fun way to get everyone involved to tell something about camping.......I'm going to start, and here's how it's gonna go....I'll ask a question about camping, and you answer it, and ask another one for the next person.   We'll all get to know each other a little better, and it will (hopefully) spark a little something to talk about!

Here it goes.....My question is this.....What food does your family always like to have when camping?  (S'mores....hot dogs.....camper pies? or whatever)
by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Holly4Jean4
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2007 at 8:54 PM
My favorite camping foods are bagels with hummus and cream cheese topped with slices of green pepper.  Also, banana boats - banana with choco. chips, mini marshmallows and pbutter.  Corn on the cob is a must.  We throw some ramen noodles in there for emergencies, but other than that - the regular stuff.  My question for the next one:  what is the most extreme camping trip you've been on? (I'll answer too, just to share - it was a winter-backpacking trip.  We were on snowshoes, with our packs and had to carry everything from the food, water, tents, shovel, stoves, etc.  We had to hike up the mountain right before bed to get our blood moving and carry the warmth into the sleeping bags.  We had to boil water and put it  in our Nalgene's to put by our feet to keep them warm.  That was pre-baby of course.) 
toadkeep
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2007 at 8:59 PM
Hummos, yummmm. But to answer the question, some years ago we did a tour of the west for a month, combination tent camping and motels. One evening, in the middle of Utah, we realized we couldn't make our destination and looked at the map to find a campground. I saw one just 2 miles off the Hwy. But those 2 miles were up a winding logging road to the top of a mountain. We made it, not without  a good deal of trepidation in our very top heavy (a full carrier on top) mini-van. It was  early August, but it froze overnight. We had heavy sleeping bags, but the kids in their own tent were furious for they woke up drenched, thinking the tent had leaked. It turned out there was nothing wrong with the tent, it was all condensation! They cheered up after some hot chocolate and before we left we all paused to enjoy the mountain top as the quietest place we had ever been.
My question is : what is the worst or funniest camping boo-boo, miscalculation or fiasco you've had and did ANY good come of it?
bennythepug
by on Nov. 9, 2007 at 9:52 PM
The worst had to be:
summer of '06 when we went from a lifetime of tent camping to 1st year pop-up owners. We were at a private campground on the beach in Maine. A place we have camped every year since before we were married. But, executing turns and maneuvering into small sites - was a challenge for my dear hubbie...he was a newbie :)
We went up into a dead end area where there was 1 site at the end. It was tight and we got so stuck. The little old man that occupied that site sat there and watched as we turned and twisted until we had no choice to actually get out and ask him if we could move his picnic table so we could make the turn !!!
*embarrassing
(my hubbie has since gotten much better)

my question is this:
Have you ever switched a site mid-stay due to neighbors?

Kivara
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 11:09 AM
No, we've had some minor annoyances for neighbors (come in late, leave headlights on, leave beer cans around, play noisy videogames all day & night) but we are pretty much "go with the flow" we laugh most things off and just relax.

Next person:
What is one game/activity you HAVE to play when camping?
happycamper5
by Member on Jan. 16, 2008 at 2:30 PM
we're usaully pretty busy but we like to play LRC (right left center) GOOD FOR ALL AGES.

next person ( what is your favorite mountain pie
MomofLawBrats
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 12:22 PM
The standard hot dogs,, smore's supplies,, we always take fresh friut and plenty of chips,, then there's always the big skillet for fresh caught fish!
   My question to the next would be,,,
Where is your favorite place to camp?  (the lake, the river,, mountains,ect.)

MomsAngels7710
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 1:39 PM
Favorite camp food - peach cobbler in a dutch oven; most extreme camping - Lake Texanna SP in Texas with Boy Scouts, we had a horrible thunderstorm that flooded all the tents and made grilling food fun, but we made it through and still have stories to tell.  Favorite camping spot - lake/river.  Now my question - what is your favorite game or interest while camping?
amethystblack
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 10:26 PM
Our favorite things are to fish, taking pictures ( everything I can) and in the evening we must have plenty of glow sticks. We play catch with them and the children are very creative doing thing with them ( great night lights for our 3 year old). We stock up on them when they are on sale. 

My question: What couldn't you do with out while camping? 
almitra
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 8:03 AM
I wash dishes 3x a day, so i can't live without my plastic wash basins from wallie world..LOL!
goatmom4
by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 8:44 AM

our fav. thing is swimming    we have smores we have had a tent leak in the summer the two kids floated on their mats      one was in travel crib         we just moved to van     the dog needed to be let out once by a neighbor one of the children carwled away from DAD   he needs to watch more           one had stopped brestfeeding so she got constipated    we had to find place for fruit    but that worked out   we have camper now so that is  easier      WE  were at lake once leaving and camper fell off hitch          but people are always ready to help             one thing about camping we can always get help from others            IT IS FUN    love to get away from computers  and cell phones eventhough in emergencys we bring the mommy phone      we have a weather radio       makes me feel safer           God bless everyone camping         be safe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN