Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bed time (for the kiddos)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:28 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

Poll

Question: what is your kids bedtime?

Options:

6pm or earlier (please explain)

7pm

8pm

9pm

10pm or later

diffrent times for diffrent ages

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

we may have done this before but lets do it again now that we have almost 100 members

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RJSMOMMA
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:31 PM

my kids are 11, 11, & 9 and are in bed at 8:00 on the dot.for the most part (espically during the school year) the older two have to get up at 5:30 am and hubby is up and GONE by 5 am. I told the kids (when they were younger) that when they turned 12 they would recieve a later bedtime, meaning like 8:30 Hubby and I like to be in bed by 9,.why cant they remember other things

Wicartic
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:33 PM

My son goes to bed at 9pm, well we put him in bed at that time. I usually hear him playing for 15 minutes after that.

tat2edmommyof2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM

7pm for both my girls 7 days a week... Weekends or off of school dauys they ussually get to watch a movie in their room or snuggled in our bed but we get up early too and find they function better when they go to bed at that time.

lilysmom2607
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

My 2 year old goes to bed at 10pm.  My husband usually work until 830pm so we let her stay up so he can spend a little time with her when he gets home from work. 

MaMaLaLa369
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:47 PM

i said 8, cos that's pretty much the lastest she's down. it's more like 7:30 though. she is 13 months. she has dinner at 6, then a bath, then i eat, then she goes down. if jason gets home late, i can sometimes push it back to 8 or 830 so he can play with her. it breaks his heart when he doesn't get to see her.

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Chance goes to bed around 10 or 1030. Any earlier than that and he is up all night.

tat2edmommyof2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I would personally probably let mine go down closer to 8 but Shawn like them in bed early and well rested...I have to agree for the most part. It is SOOOOO nice to have some "grown up" time before we go to bed...It allows me time to medicate, watch some tv, relax, play my bubble game without kids popping their heads out every 2 seconds...

crysangel25
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:23 PM

If we could eat dinner sooner and get McKenna in the bath before 7 p.m. when we give her baths than I'd probably have her in bed closer to 8 p.m. but she hasn't been getting to bed until 9 p.m. Which works for the most part but some days she seems to be a little crankier than normal. So I need to try and get her to bed closer to 8 so she is a little bit better rested. I like to be in bed by 9 and I can't watch T.V. at 8 if I'm putting her to bed so that is why I'm not getting her to bed until 9. That and DH is out of town doing some work for his parents so she just sleeps with me and it's easier if she just goes to bed when I do but than she doesn't get a book read to her so she gets somewhat upset about that but she gets over it fast. She'll be 3 in February and I'm trying to plan her birthday party.

FireyMamacita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM

My son is 5 and he goes to bed at 7. He used to go to bed between 7 and 730 depending how much he needed the sleep. When he first started going to school (beginning of this school year) he was getting up at 730 and leaving at 830, but now that my fiance has his job and has to be there by 8 we get him up at 7 so he has 40 minutes to eat and get dressed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)