Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where you at? (silly icebreaker)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 476 Total Views

I just thought a little ice breaker was in order as we have gained so many new members lately. : )

So to get to know a little bit about eachother and maybe connect on a level closer to home...where are you from? Where do you  live now? Where have you lived over your lifetime? Do you have any plans to move anytime soon? Where to? 

Feel free to share anything interesting about your hometown or the place you live now or the place you'd lioke to go (go back to)

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:04 AM

I'm from Philippi,Wv and currently live in Morgantown, WV.

I've lived in Colorado, New Hampshire, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama.

We do plan on moving once we get our new house built but its only about 30 minutes from where we live now. I intend that to be the last time I ever pack a moving box!

I'm excited about moving to our new house (when its more than bare land,lol) because it is closer to my hometown and my family. Plus it is in the country so I will have no neighbors. I am so tired of living in the city.

~Jessica~ Mommy of Two Angels, One in Heaven and One in My Arms

MaMaLaLa369
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:04 AM

born in Meadville PA, lived in Conneautville on a very cool road called Guntown Road. then we moved to FL soemwhere so my dad could get a better job. there was no job, and his friend who said we could stay there (who told my dad about the "job") said we couldn't stay at their house after a few days. so my mom, dad, our puppy, and one year old me stayed in a campground for a few months. then we moved up the coast, and stayed in VA. lived in the bad part of Richmond for years, then moved to the ritzy west end, then moved to the country in King William. after i graduated, i lived in Ashland, Richmond near VCU, and now Mechanicsville. my heart belongs in PA though, with the rest of my family.

Group Admin- MOMSLOM, MOMSLOM SE Corridor
Group Owner- VA MOMSLOM
Please visit MOMSLOM.com- Moms for the Legalization of Marijuana

PeanutMommy21
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Born and raised in Erie, PA.  I know live in Edinboro, PA and hopefully after all the wedding shenanigans are done, we'll move out of Edinboro and hopefully into a town called Cambridge Springs, PA!

RJSMOMMA
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:28 AM

born in Lansing Mi, moved arround alot, grew up in Howell Mi, ran away to Des.Moines Ia for a couple years, I have landed now only a few miles from where I started in a SMALL hicktown in michigan. and thats probally where I will stay 

Wicartic
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:10 AM

I was born and raised in Slidell, LA. After I graduated from High school, I moved to Gulfport, MS to live with my husband (of course at the time he was my boyfriend). Years later we moved to Memphis, TN, so he can attend Memphis college of Art. 3 years later we moved to Harrison, Arkansas. 2005 I had our first and only son. Moved back to Slidell, La and then to Picayune, Ms where we live now.

The End so far

madys_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I was born in Hannibal, MO, and also lived in Frankford, MO for a few years when I was little.  My mom and I moved to Quincy, IL when I was 5, we lived there for 11 years.  That's were she met my dad and where my sisters were born.  We  moved to suburban Chicago when I was 16.  My dad got a job there, and that's where his family is.  We lived with my grandparents, in Orland Pk,  for a year, so my parents could save up some money to buy a house.  Then we moved about 15 minutes away, to New Lenox.  I lived there till just before my 29th bday when I moved to Granger, IN for work.  Two years later I moved across town to live with Matt in South Bend, and a year later we moved to Bemidji, MN.    

MommyofTwins616
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Well I am pretty boring.  I grew up in Mount Prospect, IL.  Lived there til I was 21.  Then Hubby and I bought a house in Streamwood, IL.  We lived there for 4 years then moved to Lake in The Hills, IL.  We have lived here for 4 years and hope to stay.

FireyMamacita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Where are you from? Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio (a suburb of Akron). I lived there until I was like 10 or 11.

Where do you  live now? Athens, Ohio. It is the home to Ohio University (this is a large arial photo for you to see). It is also one of the most haunted cities/counties in Ohio. (Check out the individual links...) One place of interest that I love (probably because I love scary stories and old archetecture) is the Ridges, also known as Athens Mental Health Hospital (now an Art Museum with the college). Not to mention that it overlooks the whole city. Here is a pic...

Where have you lived over your lifetime? All in Ohio: Cuyahoga Falls, Thornville, Lancaster, Blacklick (Columbus suburb), Marysville, back to Thornville, back to Lancaster, to Athens.

Do you have any plans to move anytime soon? Where to? I really love where I live. There are tons of parks (we live a mile outside a state park) and it is beautiful in the Fall with all the leaves and in the Spring with all the flowering trees and so on...Here is a pic of the hill we live on top of taken from the park (at the beginning of fall) - Oh and sun sets and sun rises are awesome!!! (Also, we have to drive through the park to get home... which is a nice drive).

So I do not think that we will be moving from the general area anytime soon. We currently rent so I am hoping that when we buy a house that we will still live in the same general area.

tat2edmommyof2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I grew up in Jersey. Which if you know anything about it says something about me. I'm an odd one but they pulled a three eyed fish out of the river not 15 minutes away when I was 8 or so. I lived all over the state but my heart will always be down the shore.

Then I moved out to Boulder CO when I was 16. And I love the state of Co any one that has the opportunity to move there should. Denver has decent clubs, there's great shopping...and the mountains oh the mountains. I got to travel alot during that point  in my life and now know I like to visit Cali but never want to live there, I LOVE OR and WA and i can tolerate anywhere in the Midwest short of NV. 

And then at 20 I moved to New Orleans to turn 21. I LOVE and loathe New Orleans. I lived in the garden district and worked and partied in the quarter. i'm too lazy too look for pictures right now but maybe I'll add some tomorrow.

See the VooDoo shop right above this? I worked there for a while selling dolls and gator heads. It's amazing what people will buy.

I've covered FL and AL too but so far i have'nt found too terribly much to write about, lol. Short of Disney. Oh how I love Diney World : )

The date on that is totally wrong, lol.

lulub52
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:36 AM

i am from galveston, tx. i now live in dripping springs, tx. it is in central tx. in the hill country  this is  about 5 minutes from my house, hamilton pool. i also live by the pedernales river. it's so pretty here, this is home. we don't plan on moving. i have lived in tx. and la. i grew up overseas. we lived in cairo, egypt; athens, greece; london, england: beirut, lebanon; and istanbul, turkey .  i would love to go back and visit all the countries i have lived in with my husband. he has lived overseas in some of the same places that i did. but, dripping springs is home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)