Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you superstitious

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:16 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 412 Total Views

Poll

Question: are you superstitious

Options:

yes extremly

yeah, kinda/ sometimes

some things

heck no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:04 AM

I'm not superstitious but I do believe in spirits. I'm not afraid of black cats on Halloween or anything like that though.

tat2edmommyof2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I will copy and paste my reply for the poll in the main forum to this post here in just a bit lol...

FireyMamacita
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:47 AM

I am a little supersticious. :)

I am really careful for the rest of the day if a black cat crosses in front of my car... otherwise I am not bothered by them.

I try not to break mirrors or walk under ladders... due to safety reasons though.

That is about it. :)

tat2edmommyof2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I'm a fickle kitty when it comes to my superstitions...For awhile I would'nt leave the house on Friday the 13th cause something bad (injury or otherwise) always happened. No whatever it does'nt mean so much esp. since my little girls bday is today.
I am extremly superstitious when it comes to other things...you don't sweep someones feet, if you do you spit on the broom, you don't put shoes on a table, you don't spill salt, I smudge every new home we move into...And I give housewarming gifts that date back a ways...
I have a strong belief in spirits and the supernatural and often leave gifts or offerings or the like to keep things peaceful in our home and our lives...

RJSMOMMA
by Group Admin on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I used to be real bad, but not so much anymore

MaMaLaLa369
by Group Owner on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:59 PM

no, i'm not. i do however keep a dreamcatcher up, but it's in my living room. i like it, and it reminds me of my heritage, that's all. it is in front of a window, but just cos that's where you are supposed to put them!

night-shift-mom
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I am not superstitious at all but I work in a very superstitious environment (an ER). The power of a full moon, don't say the word "quiet" because it will surely get busy if you do, and don't you dare say the name of a regular patient who abuses the ER cause if they show up, it's your fault. LOL! So anyway, I have to be very careful about what I say.

nurse

The air goes in and out, the blood goes round and round, and any variation of this is a bad thing.

RJSMOMMA
by Group Admin on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Quoting night-shift-mom:

I am not superstitious at all but I work in a very superstitious environment (an ER). The power of a full moon, don't say the word "quiet" because it will surely get busy if you do, and don't you dare say the name of a regular patient who abuses the ER cause if they show up, it's your fault. LOL! So anyway, I have to be very careful about what I say.

thats funny, but i know its not too! I dont tell my children to be careful because thats when they have recieved there worst injuries.

also I have to kiss them( kids & hubby) good-bye every time i leave in case something happens and its the last time we ever see each other

tat2edmommyof2
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:45 AM

It does'nt matter how super pissed I may be...if one of us goes to walk out I'll scream I love you... I say it all the time to the people I love cause I am soooo fearful I may not get to.

FireyMamacita
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:51 AM

What does the broom thing mean? I have never heard of this (although when I am doing things in the kitchen my family knows to ask me to get things for them instead of muckin it all up again).

Also with the shoes? I don't do it because it is unsanitary... :)

How do you do this and what does it do? :)

Quoting tat2edmommyof2:

I'm a fickle kitty when it comes to my superstitions...For awhile I would'nt leave the house on Friday the 13th cause something bad (injury or otherwise) always happened. No whatever it does'nt mean so much esp. since my little girls bday is today.
I am extremly superstitious when it comes to other things...you don't sweep someones feet, if you do you spit on the broom, you don't put shoes on a table, you don't spill salt, I smudge every new home we move into...And I give housewarming gifts that date back a ways...
I have a strong belief in spirits and the supernatural and often leave gifts or offerings or the like to keep things peaceful in our home and our lives...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)